Welcome & Parentage.

Third person's point of view.

I was sitting and reading while the students of the music class, they had gotten better. When it finished we all clapped and they went about their routine. When the stairs in front of the teachers' table cleared the headmaster came up to the dais.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now I'd like to say a few words...before you become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'd like to welcome professor R. J. Lupin, who has kindly offered to fill the post of defence against the dark arts. Good luck, professor." My godfather stood up and bowed a little as everyone clapped. Hermione smirked

"Of course. That's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Harry." I rolled my eyes and was about to turn away when Draco called for Harry. Turning he looked back and Draco sneered, "Potter. Is it true you fainted?" His friend dramatically swooned.

"Get stuffed! Draco." I said leaning over the table and forced Harry and Ron to face me and Hermione. Looking at us he muttered, "how did he find out?" Ron just patted his back, "just forget it." I nodded agreeing with Ron.

Listening back in as Dumbledore spoke I smiled "our mystical creatures professor has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs." We all couldn't help but laugh or chuckle at Dumbledore's joke. "Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than Rubeus Hagrid."

Everyone clapped and cheered. Several woots were given and Dumbledore continued. "Finally, on a more disquieting note at the request of the minister of magic Hogwarts will, until further notice will play host to the Dementors of Azkaban, until such a time as Sirius Black is captured."

The moment he mentioned Dementors and the capture of my father I got up and ran from the room, I didn't want to hear another word of this.

•••

Third Person's point of view.

Dumbledore and all the teachers knew why but the other students weren't as informed. Dumbledore turned to look at the teachers and they all understood the sensitivity of this matter and silently asked that it be kept a conversation behind closed doors.

Harry watched as Rayvan ran out his heart heavy with worry. But it quickly changed to jealousy as he watched her boyfriend chase after her. In the halls where Rayvan stopped, she found a picture-less and ghostless hall and sat with her knees in her chest as she cried. The harshness of these situations weighed heavily on her mind and heart.

"Rayvan?" Cedric called looking for her, he didn't need her answer because he found her when he turned the next corner. Jogging to her side he knelt and took her shaking shoulders into his arms and hugged her into himself. "Stop." She whimpered, he looked down at her confused. "What?"

"Please don't touch me..." She said her voice weak and broken. "Why?" Holding her head she shook it her curls bouncing around and settling into his arms and her shoulders, "because if I told you; you'd think I was a monster." "Never." He said he looked up at him red eyes puffy nose and eyes, and dried tears on her cheeks.

"I would never, ever think you are a monster." She nodded slowly and stood up, "Sirius Black the man the Dementors are looking for..." He stood with her waiting for her to finish, "is my father." His eyes widened slightly but true to his word didn't run, didn't judge and never called her what she feared he would, a monster.