Petrified.

Rayvan Black's Point Of View.

"Have either of you spoken to Hermione?" Ron asked as we were climbing the stairs to Gryffindor House. "Yeah, she should be out of the hospital in a few days, when she stops coughing up fur balls." Harry replied jokingly. I smacked his arm and he apologized. Something caught Ron's eye because he had stopped moving, looking at what he saw I frowned 'more water?'

"What's this?" I asked in general. Following the water, it came from one of the girls' bathroom. "Yuck!" Ron exclaimed. "Looks like Moaning Myrtle's flooded the bathroom." Harry guessed but I was still hesitant to think it was actually her. Going into the bathroom we saw all the sinks on and overfilling with water and spilling to the floor and pooling around us and out of the bathroom.

Soft moans came from the area with stalls Harry nudged Ron to look at here Moaning Myrtle was and we went to see her. "Come to throw something else at me?" She sobbed, frowning as we looked at each other, "why would we throw something at you?" Harry asked. "Don't ask me. Here I am, minding my own business and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me." She explained,

Remembering that Ginny was acting a little different lately I rubbed my chin in thought. "But it can't hurt if someone throws something at you. I mean, it'll just go right through you." He said and Harry nodded smacking both of them they grunted in pain. "Ignore them, Myrtle they're stupid boys they don't understand anything more than what happens in their own heads." She sniffled and nodded sitting back down in the window.

"But who threw it at you, anyway?" I asked, she looked over at me and shrugged, "I don't know. I didn't see them. I was just sitting in the U-bend, thinking about death and it fell through the top of my head." Turning away from us she whimpered and moaned Harry frowned in confusion and I looked at where he did and was now walking to, picking it up it was a book. It looked more like a journal or dairy.

Reaching my hand out for it, Harry handed it to me. Opening it something foul wafted out and it burned my eyes to tears. Rubbing at them with my sleeves I said, "I'll check it out tonight and give it to you tomorrow." They nodded and we returned to the common rooms. I knew this thing was evil. So I locked it away in my trunk and told Snuffles to keep guard.

•••

The next day I told Harry and Ron it was just an empty old book and was completely useless. Standing in the courtyard talking about the chamber when Neville came running and Snuffles screeching and flapping his wings to get my attention. "Rayvan! I don't know who did I but you better come look." Running we followed Neville when we got to the common rooms when we got there the room was tossed books and clothing were scattered everywhere.

Trunks were flipped and empty and mine was across the room and blown open. Walking over to it I looked inside and it was empty, the journal was gone. "It had to be a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows the password, unless it wasn't a student." Hermione said. "Whoever it was, they must have been looking for something." Sighing I looked to the others, "and they found it, the Diary is gone." Everyone gulped in fear as to what someone could have wants with that old book.

***

Standing in front of Oliver as he explained our next Quidditch game against Hufflepuff, I was running over who could have stolen the book from my trunk. "We play our game, Hufflepuff doesn't stand a chance. We're stronger, quicker and smarter." Then one of the twins added in, "not to mention they're dead scared Harry will petrify them if they fly anywhere near him." "Well, that too." Oliver said without looking back at the tall Beater.

When we got out of the tent Professor McGonagall stopped us at the stairs. "This match has been canceled." She informed our team muttered to each other in their confusion. "We can't cancel Quidditch." Looking at him over her glasses she glared a little, "Silence, Wood. You and your teammates will go to Gryffindor Tower. Now." As the team left Professor stopped us. "Potter, you Rayvan and I will find Mr. Weasley. There's something the three of you have to see."

It took us about five minutes to find Ron, and then ten to go where the Professor wanted us to go. When we arrived at the Hospital wing she lead us to a bed and I could already tell it was something bad. And it got even worse when they pulled back the curtain of one of the beds. Standing by the bed Ron gasped "Hermione..." In worry. "She was found near the library, along with this."

Holding up a mirror by the nightstand I looked at it and realized why she was only petrified. Running from the room I ran to the girl's bathroom to find Moaning Myrtle.

***

Harry Potter's Point Of View.

"I think it's time we got my dad's old cloak out again." I told Ron, he nodded and gulped. We waited till everyone was asleep before leaving, and when we got outside we made straight for Hagrid's. Under my father's cloak, we knocked on the door. It was quiet before we heard him call, "who's there?" We didn't answer and the door was kicked open and Hagrid stood there with a crossbow aimed at invisible us.

"Hello?" He was in the middle of calling out again when we removed the cloak. "What's that for?" I asked probably a stupid question but I asked anyway. "Nothing. I was expecting...it doesn't matter. Come on in. I just made a pot of tea." Going in I watched as he poured too much tea into an already full cup. "Hagrid? Are you okay?" I asked staring at the cup. "I'm fine, I'm all right." He said but fumbled with the pot,

"Did you hear about Hermione? And have you seen Rayvan? She disappeared after we found out about Hermione." He nodded, "Yeah. I heard about that, all right. And yeah she passed by a little bit this morning then took off when I answered her questions." I frowned, "look, we have to ask you something." He nodded again, "that's what Rayvan said and when I answered, she seemed happy with what I told her. And left."

I nodded glad she left here alive, not that I would accuse Hagrid of hurting her or even possible of it. "Do you know who opened the Chambers of Secrets?" He sighed deeply before answering, "what you have to understand about that is–" Hagrid was cut off by a knock on the door. "Quick under the cloak." He said lowly and quickly then he said we had to hide and he moved to the door. "Don't say a word. Be quiet, the both if you."

Hiding under it he opened the door and we stayed in front of the fireplace. "Oh Professor Dumbledore, sir." "Good evening Hagrid. I wonder, could we...?" We couldn't really see anything so Hagrid gestured them in, "of course. Come in. Come in." Stepping back Headmaster and another man stepped in. "That's dad's boss." Ron whispered to me, "Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic."

Turning back to the minister, Hagrid and the headmaster we watched them as they spoke about the incidents and how Hagrid might be involved. I kinda lost track of what they were saying until they started to leave it had gone sour when Malfoy's dad showed up and demanded that Dumbledore along with Hagrid leave the school. But as the were leaving Hagrid started speaking loudly, and I knew it was to us,

"if...if anybody was looking for some stuff then all they'd have to do was follow the spiders. Yup. That would lead them right. That's all I have to say." As he grabbed his coat he said someone would need to feed Fang while he was away. When the door closed we took off the cloak, "Hagrid's right, with Dumbledore gone, there'll be an attack a day." I noticed the spiders on Hagrid's window and pointed it out to Ron.

After escaping Aragog we returned to Gryffindor Tower. And then to bed.

•••

The next morning I was woken to someone asking for me, grabbing my glasses I went to the main door. "Oh good Potter, have you seen Rayvan?" I shook my head, "I hadn't seen her since she took off after Hermione was found petrified." Sighing in worry he rubbed his temples, "well she's missing and I'm worried something happened." Focusing on fully waking up, I looked up at him,

"I'm starting to worry too, but you know how she is if she wanted to be found we would have found her already." Understanding my -maybe- flawed logic involving Rayvan he nodded and left without another word.