The Third Task.

Third person's point of view.

As it turned out Rayvan was released three hours before the last task and was able to watch worriedly as her boyfriend and his father entered the start points for the scary looking maze. Amos had greeted her earlier and thanked her for giving Cedric another chance and explained quickly that he wasn't very happy over the summer unless he was reading something she had sent him.

He also commented to her about her and Cedric's little bet-like wager. And hoped that no matter what that the two of them ended up together because even with previous girlfriends he was never as happy as he was when he was with her.

Saying this made Rayvan, all gooey and emotional but she couldn't have that, she needed to be on alert. Cheers and band music sounded while different groups of students cheered on their favorite champion. Hermione and Ron along with several other Gryffindors cheered for Harry, while she and all of Hufflepuff rooted for Cedric.

Fleur had her fellow classmates and many of the Ravenclaw and Slytherin boys cheering her on. Krum had girls screaming for him along with his schoolmate, they all but blew out everyone's eardrums.

Coming out of the waiting area, Harry was beyond nervous. He had no idea what to expect in this challenge, by far he would love for a rematch with either the dragon or the mermaids but with this, there was nothing but tall hedges and long dizzying twists and turns,

Dumbledore's reassuring squeeze eased Harry's nerves some but not completely. Standing on a wooden dais facing the students the Headmaster drew his wand and called out: "Sonorus!" thus silencing everyone with his booming voice.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now, as Mr. Diggory..." when the Hufflepuff boy's name was called his house, his girlfriend and his friends shot up and cheered for him, "And Mr. Potter..." Dumbledore added but was cut off when the Gryffindors exploded into screams of joy and enthusiasm for Harry.

"...are tied for first position, will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum and then Miss. Delacour." the crowds jumped up again in shouts and roars of encouragement for their favorites while poor Professor Dumbledore wanted to just explain everything before Filtch set the cannon off too early.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner!" adding this set the whole crowd into cheers and shouts. "I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up a red spark with their wands."

Dumbledore explained with a half-hearted gesture with his own wand. Turning from the podium he faced the four champions. "Contestants! gather around. Quickly!" his last command more of a harsh snap than a light toss to pick up the pace.

With his arms on both Krum and Delacour, he spoke softly only to them, "In the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep, instead, you'll face something much more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can. But be very wary, you could just lose yourselves along the way.

Stepping past them, Dumbledore faced the crowd, "Champions, prepare yourselves." each champion moved to the flag marked gateway, Cedric looked at Rayvan and smiled, reaching under his shirt he drew out her locket. While they looked at each other he kissed it and she couldn't help but blush.

Holding her hand to her chest he saw the ring he gave her and he too blushed slightly, turning to his father he hugged him as the older man wished him good luck. "On the count of three." Dumbledore said about to give the signal, "One--" but before he could even say 2 the cannon went off and the champions in first place moved to enter their gates.