Classes & Quidditch.

Rayvan Black's POV

Being the first one up, I looked at the time and I had an hour before I needed to be up, so getting dressed I picked up my books for the day and placed a now awake Snuffles on my shoulder before going into the common room to wait for the others. When everyone was up and ready we went to breakfast then we were dismissed for classes, first was Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall. It was twenty minutes into the class when Ron and Harry ran in. I sat in the back next to Draco, having been yanked into the seat when I showed up. Everyone was staring at the two boys when they thought that the teacher wasn't here, and that they wouldn't get in trouble. They thought wrong.

Jumping off of her desk the teacher shifted back into her humanoid form and walked over to the two now completely stunned boys. "That was bloody brilliant!" Ron exclaimed stupidly. "Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket-watch, one of you would be on time." "We got lost." Harry covered weakly. "Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats." The shook they're heads and sat in the empty chairs at the front. "What a bunch of losers." Draco whispered to Krabb and Goyle while looking at me. "You know I sent a letter to mother and father about the sorting ceremony, nothing back yet but be ready for their answer, because I feel that it won't be good." Turning away from him I crossed my arms and he just laughed at me.

***

In potions I was made to sit next to Draco again, it would seem he would not leave my side, I was going to have to teach him that if he kept that up I was going to let Snuffles eat him. "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle sciences and exact arts that is potions making. However a select few," his sharp gaze passes over Draco and I, a shiver went down my spine, and Draco smirked. "Who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death." He looked at us again and I just wanted to shrink away from his hard gaze it felt a lot like Uncle's. I didn't like it.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not...pay...attention." At this point everyone knew that Harry was the one being singled out. I was taking notes by charming my quill to write while the teacher spoke about the lesson, probably why he was glaring at me when he looked over at myself and Draco. "Mr. Potter and Ms. Black. Our new celebrities. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Hermione's hand shot up, Harry shrugged, "a bitter regret of death." I left out names and proper grammar and his eyes snapped to my face when I got the answer right. Knowing that I knew more to that then he expected a first year student to know.

"Thank you Ms. Black, okay let's try again, Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Hermione's hand shot up again, Harry looked at her, and shook his head "I don't know, Sir." But Snape wouldn't let it go, "and what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfsbane?" Harry shook his head and Snape looked over to me completely ignoring Hermione "Ms. Black, do you know?" I nodded, "a Bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and if saved and stored or used properly it will save you from most poisons. As for Monkshood and Wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also go by the name of aconite." He smirked, "you will do well, as for you Mr. Potter, fame isn't everything, is it?" Harry shook his head.

"Ms. Black you would have made a wonderful member of Slytherin House. It's a shame you were placed elsewhere." I ignored his statement and returned my attention to my note book which had taken down everything that was said.

***

At about noon-time the next day we were all in the great hall having lunch and doing homework. Seamus was trying to turn water into rum. I watch in amusement as it wasn't working, when Harry asked Ron what was going on he explained but was cut off from finishing when I stopped Seamus and successfully turned water into rum without the verbally saying the spell. He took a sip and nearly fell over. Taking the goblet I took a whiff. "Ah I might have made it too strong." Ron and Harry looked at me amazed, "that was amazing Rayvan." I gave a little bow. Silently Snuffles appeared and landed on my head.