Salvation- Part 3

Poor Monica. She was sitting happily at the dinner table with her husband, eating. They had no idea what was coming tonight but you did.

"Maybe we could tell them it was a gas leak. Might get them out of the house for a few hours." Sam said. You three were parked outside of Monica's house with everything turned off. You didn't want them knowing you were watching. You were close, just in case something bad happened.

"Yeah and how many times has that actually worked for us?" Dean asked.

"True..." Sam sighed.

"We could tell them the truth. I mean, look how well it turned out for Sarah or that kid, Michael." You suggested. Both brothers turned and looked at you, giving you a 'are you kidding me' kind of look.

"Okay, I just figured since, you know, what's coming for these people." You shrugged.

"Sweetheart, we only got one move and you know it, alright? We gotta wait for that demon to show itself and then we get it before it gets them." Dean said, looking at the house again. Monica and her husband were nowhere in sight but the place looked normal still.

"I wonder how Dad's doing," Sam said with a sigh.

"I'd feel a lot better if we were there, backing him up," Dean said.

"I'd feel a lot better if he were here, backing us up," Sam said.

"I'd feel a whole lot better if we didn't have to deal with this shit." You said, silencing the boys. You hoped everything would go according to plan.

"You know what, as crazy as our lives are, this is weird. I mean, after all these years, we're finally here. This doesn't seem real at all." Sam said.

"We just gotta keep our heads and do our job, like always," Dean said with a lower tone.

"Yeah but this isn't like always."

"I just want to thank you, guys." You suddenly said.

"For what?" They asked at the same time.

"For taking me in when my mom died. For being my friend when I had none. For giving me a family when I thought I couldn't ever have one. I could count on you both and I just wanted to thank you guys. You know, just in case. I love you guys so much." You didn't know what would happen tonight and you weren't sure you would make it out of this fight alive.

"Whoa, are you kidding me?" Dean scoffed. You frowned, not expecting this reaction from him.

"Yeah, Y/N, why are you telling us this?" Sam asked. Were they serious?

"Are you really asking me that question?" You asked, offended.

"No, don't say just in case something happens to you. I don't wanna hear that fucking speech. Nobody's dying tonight. Not us and not that family. Nobody except that demon. That evil son of a bitch ain't getting any older than tonight, do you understand me?" Dean looked at you through the rear-view mirror and he seemed pretty convinced that tonight was going to go smoothly.

"Understood." You nodded, biting your lip and looking away.

"But, uh, we love you too," Sam said in a softer tone. A small smile formed on your face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a couple of hours and Dean was trying to get a hold of John but he hasn't had any luck.

"Dad's not answering." Dean sighed, hanging up for the 10th time.

"Maybe Meg was late. Maybe cell reception's bad." Sam tried to think of a good reason as to why his father wasn't answering the phone. Suddenly, the lights in the house started to flicker and the wind picked up dramatically. You gulped, knowing what was coming.