Something Wicked- Part 1

August of 1989

"Dean, it's going to be okay." You said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah I know." Dean muttered. John came out of the Motel bedroom with a duffel bag full of weapons.

"Alright. You know the drill, Dean. Anybody calls, you don't pick up. If it's me, I'll ring once, then call back. You got that?"

"Mm-hmm. Only answer the phone unless it rings once first." Dean recited.

"Don't worry, John, Dean and I will make sure nothing bad ever happens."

"Good. It only takes one mistake, got that?" You and Dean both nodded.

"Alright, if I'm not back Sunday night...?" John questioned.

"Call Pastor Jim." You answered immediately.

"Lock the doors, the windows, and close the shades. Most importantly," Dean cut off his father.

"Watch out for Sammy." It was always about Sam. You and Dean needed to protect him with your life. You looked over at Sam and he was watching cartoons on the TV, not really paying attention to what was going on. You envied the kid because you wanted a childhood like the one you and Dean gave him. You tried your best to keep Sam out of the whole monster business.

"Alright. If something tries to bust in?" John slung the duffel bag over his shoulder.

"Shoot first, ask questions later." You and Dean said at the same time.

"Good kids. I'll see you in a couple of days." With that, John was gone. Dean locked the door behind him and sighed.

"It's going to be okay, Dean. I know it." You gave him a small smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a while since John left and Sam was starting to get worried. You and Dean knew that he would be back by Sunday but Sam didn't know that. So, it was up to you and Dean to take care of Sam by yourselves. It was dinner time and Dean poured his brother a glass of milk.

"When's Dad going to get back?" Sam asked in a small voice. You were sitting at the table while Dean was cooking the food. It was his turn anyways.

"Tomorrow," Dean said, grabbing the pot on the stove.

"When?" That wasn't good enough for Sam.

"He'll be home before you know it, Sammy. But you got us right now and I think that's pretty great." You smiled at the kid. Dean poured him some food and sighed.

"Eat your dinner."

"I'm sick of scabetti-ohs." You smiled when he tried to pronounce the name of the food.

"Well, you're the one who wanted them!" Dean said, exasperated. You knew Sam was being a pain and Dean was getting fed up.

"I want lucky charms!" Sam smiled.

"Sam, there is no more." You and Dean always made sure that Sam ate first. Dean then made sure you were next before he even thought about himself. But there was only enough food for Sam and maybe another person. You wanted to put Dean first this time so you hid the lucky charms.

"I saw the box!"

"Okay, maybe there is but there's only enough for one bowl and Dean hasn't had any yet." You bit your lip. You got up and took out the box, handing it to Dean. He and Sam were having a stare off, trying to decide who got the Lucky Charms.