Hook Man- Part 1

The search for John was getting colder with each day that passed. You tried to give the boys hope but it wasn't working too well. Sam was losing faith in this whole thing and Dean was shutting himself from everyone else to hide how he really felt.

But you knew.

You could hunt all you want but there is and always has been one goal: Be a family again. You couldn't do that if John was missing. Just like the start of every case, either Sam or Dean was looking for one while you tried to aid and assist.

Sam was trying to call people that might know where John is and Dean was searching for a case on Sam's laptop. You were in a rundown café, not really paying attention to what was going on around you.

"We'll find John. He's out there, somewhere and he may not want our help but he's going to get it." You said to Dean. The boys have been hoping and wondering where John was but no information was found. It was like John didn't want to be found. It was all very weird to you.

"I know we'll find him," Dean said without looking up. You sipped your coffee and looked around you, hoping no one would recognize you from the police pictures from the last hunt. "Hey, your cheek is looking better."

"Yeah, that shifter can hit. Wow, I'm more worried about being sent to jail than my cheek." You joked. The bruise the shifter left was barely there but it took a while for it to go away.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." Dean sighed.

"You did." You smiled at him. He protected you from anything and everything. It was one of the reasons you were in love with him. You watched Sam hang up the payphone and make his way over to you.

"So, anything?" Dean sounded hopeful but it was more likely false hope than anything.

"No, there is nothing in the FBI's Missing Persons Data Bank or any John Doe fitting his description. I even had them run his plates for traffic violations but nothing turned up." Sam said with a sigh. The search for this man was wearing you out more than it should. Where could one man be?

"Sam, maybe your father doesn't want to be found." You looked at him to see his shoulders sag and you nodded to Dean to let him show Sam what he found.

"Check this out," Dean said, showing Sam the laptop. "It's a news item out of Planes Courier. Ankeny, Iowa. It's only about a hundred miles from here."

"The mutilated body was found near the victim's car, parked on 9 Mile Road. Authorities are unable to provide a realistic description of the killer. The sole eyewitness, whose name has been withheld, is quoted as saying the attacker was invisible." You explained, watching Sam's reaction.

"This could be something." Dean pointed it out.

"Or it could be nothing at all. One freaked out witness who didn't see anything? Doesn't mean it's the Invisible Man." Sam shrugged.

"Sam, what if it is? You know John would have checked it out." You said to him.

"Fine," Sam said, grabbing his coffee and walking towards the car. Dean huffed and shut the laptop, frustrated with his brother.

"He'll come around, Dean." You said, grabbing your coffee and heading to the car with him. You were on the road in no time, speeding towards the state you've never been to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So how am I going to explain why I'm at a fraternity house?" You asked, looking at the house in front of you.

"Sweetheart, I'm sure you'll come up with something," Dean said as he parked in front of the house. You saw about three men working on cars and you knew just how you would be let in. You have to use what you can use best: your sexuality.