Scarecrow- Part 2

When Dean parked on the side of the road, it was the next morning and you were tired already. Dean took out his cell phone and went to Sam's contact name, hovering over his name.

"Call him." You said softly. Dean didn't say anything as he shut his phone and got out of the car. You had no choice but to follow in his lead. You and Dean walked through the town that John sent you to and you looked around. It looked normal, like nothing bad ever happened there but looks could be deceiving. You walked with Dean saw a person sitting outside of a café, sipping coffee.

"Hi, are you Scotty?" You asked with a smile.

"Yep." The older gentleman nodded, sipping his coffee.

"Hi, my name's John Bonham and this is Elizabeth Walker," Dean said with a smile.

"Isn't that the drummer for Led Zeppelin?" Scotty asked.

"Wow. Good. Classic rock fan." Dean said, a bit taken aback.

"What can I do for you, John and Elizabeth." You reached into your jacket and pulled out a flyer of the two missing people and showed it to him. You got this when you were passing by a post that had them pinned up

"I was wondering if, uh, you'd seen these people by chance." You smiled and watched as Scotty took a closer look at the flyer.

"Nope. Who are they?"

"Friends of ours. They went missing about a year ago. They passed through somewhere around here, and I've already asked around Scottsburg and Salem..." Dean said, looking at Scotty.

"Sorry," Scotty said abruptly. You frowned and noticed him tense like he knew something but you didn't say anything else and let him continue. "We don't get many strangers around here."

"Scotty, you've got a smile that lights up a room, anybody ever tell you that?" Dean tried to get the older man to smile or to even have a bit of a personality. All Scotty did was stare at him strangely and Dean sighed, shaking his head. "Never mind. See you around." You walked away from Scotty with Dean and sighed.

"I think he knew something. I don't know what it was but it's a feeling I have." You said, looking at other stores that you could go into and ask.

"We'll go in here," Dean said, pointing to Jorgeson General Store and walked into it, going to over to the older couple standing behind the counter.

"Hi, my name is Elizabeth Walker and I was wondering if you had seen our friends around here." You handed the man the flyer and he handed it to his wife, you assumed.

"No, I'm not sure I've seen them." The woman said, not looking into your eyes.

"You sure they didn't stop for gas or something?" Dean wondered. When the woman and the man shook their heads, Dean sighed. You heard footsteps and looked over to see a young, blonde woman coming over to you.

"Did the guy have a tattoo?" The girl asked.

"Yeah, he did." Dean nodded, showing her the picture of the male.

"You remember? They were just married." She said to the couple. You raised an eyebrow in suspicion. You knew someone was hiding something from you and Dean.

"You're right. They did stop for gas. Weren't here more than ten minutes." The man said, suddenly remembering as if it popped into his head. You knew otherwise.

"You remember anything else?" You asked the man and his wife.

"I told them how to get back to the Interstate. They left town." The man shrugged.

"Could you point us in that same direction?" Dean asked. The man nodded and gave you specific instructions on where to go. You and Dean nodded and thanked them, leaving the store and going back to the Impala.