Route 666- Part 3

Magsimula sa umpisa

"He was a good man. He was a young deputy back then investigating Cyrus' disappearance. Once he figured out what Martin and the others had done he... he did nothing, because he also knew what Cyrus had done."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Cassie said, looking at her mother.

"I thought I was protecting them. And now there's no one left to protect." Her mother cried.

"Yes there is." Dean said and everyone looked at Cassie. You sighed and knew this would happen. Here was Dean, rescuing everyone like he was supposed to do. You got up and decided you needed fresh air and that is what you did. You walked to the Impala and leaned against it, letting the tears fall where they may.

"Y/N, please don't be upset." You heard Sam say, walking to you.

"I can't help but be that." You wiped them away and watched as Dean walked out of the house.

"You know, my life was so simple. Just school, exams, papers on polycentric cultural norms." Sam said, changing the subject and looked at Dean.

"So, I guess I saved you from a boring existence." Dean chuckled.

"Yeah, occasionally I miss boring." Sam nodded.

"Well this Cyrus guy. Evil on a level that infected even his truck. When he died, the swamp became his tomb, and his spirit was dormant for 40 years." Dean said.

"I think the construction on his house. Or the destruction of it is what woke his spirit up." You said.

"Right. Demolition or remodeling can awaken spirits, make them restless." Sam agreed.

"You know we're going to have to dredge that body up from the swamp right?" You said, mostly talking to Sam. Both boys nodded and Cassie walked out of the house and to the small group.

"Hey. She's asleep. Now what?" Cassie was sure as hell not coming with you.

"You can turn around and walk right back where you came from. We got it." You said, crossing your arms. Dean turned away from you and Sam and said something low to Cassie. She smiled and leaned up, kissing him on the mouth. If hearing about it broke your heart, seeing it was 10 times worse.

"I can't watch it." You let some tears fall and got in the backseat, thankful that the car blocked most of the gross couple. You didn't know what this would mean for you and Dean. When you finally did see them move apart, you were a mess of emotion.

Dean and Sam got in the car when they were ready and Cassie walked back to her house. You wouldn't look at Dean but you could feel his eyes on you as he drove away from her house. Tears were still slipping out but you couldn't help it anymore. You were done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you got to the swamp, Dean managed to get a tractor that would help get the car out of the swamp. You watched as Dean did all the work and watched as a big ass black car was pulled from the water. Dean stopped it when it was far enough out to where you could get to the driver side door.

"Nice," Sam said. You followed the boys to the trunk and Dean opened it.

"Hell, yeah," Dean smirked.

"Now I know what she sees in you." You froze at their words and you thought they forgot you were there since you haven't said a word.

"What?" Dean said, rummaging through the weapons.

"Come on man, you can admit it. You're still in love with her." You let more tears fall. You didn't want to hear about this. They were breaking your heart and they didn't even know it.

"Can we focus please?" Dean asked, not wanting to get into it.

"Alright. What am I getting?" Sam wondered.

"Gas, flashlight, sweetheart, you okay back there?" You wiped your tears away and sighed. You still loved it when he called you that.

"Fine." Your voice cracked and you didn't know if they knew it.

"Okay, let's get this done," Dean said, closing the trunk. You and the men got to the front of the truck and opened it up, jumping back when a decaying body fell out and onto the ground.

"Alright let's get to it," Dean said. The boys salted and burned the body, watching it go up in flames.

"Think that will do it?" Sam wondered. You gasped when the ghost truck appeared, shining his headlights on you and the Winchesters. It started to rev the engine.

"I guess not." Dean sighed.

"So, burning the body had no effect on that thing?" You asked, looking at Sam.

"Sure, it did. Now it's really pissed." Dean said, answering for his brother.

"But Cyrus' ghost is gone, right Dean?" You asked, looking up at him. Your eyes were still shiny from the tears and you knew Dean could see since the light was in your face.

"Apparently not the part that's fused with the truck," Dean said, looking into your eyes and walking away from you.

"Where are you going?" Sam asked.

"Y/N and I are going for a little ride. Come on, Sweetheart." You sighed and walked to the passenger's side door and looked at Sam who was flabbergasted.

"What!" Sam said.

"I'm going to lead that thing away. That busted piece of crap, you gotta burn it." Dean said, opening the door.

"How the hell am I supposed to burn a truck, Dean?" Sam said, confused.

"I don't know. Figure something out." He shrugged, throwing Sam a bag of stuff that might help. You got in the car as Dean did and he was off, the ghost truck following him instantly.