39.

Ana's POV
"Hello Ana, I'm Jeremy McCann," the man says and I notice the many papers he held in his hands. "I wanted to get a few answers from you, and I wanted to see if I could maybe answer some questions you might have regarding my son Jason," he says and I nod my head.

"Come in," I say allowing him to walk through the door and Justin looks at me worried. "I don't trust him," he mouths and I shake my head, "It's fine," I whisper back. "You can sit where'd you like," I say and he chooses the dining table. Most likely because the couch was taken by the bag of food and the container of Chinese food.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but there's just a lot of things I need to inform you both," he says and Justin asks, "Why me as well?" Jeremy then takes out a paper and shows Justin a paper Jason had wrote on. "He seems to have a lot of hate for Ana's boyfriend Justin, I'm going to assume that is you," he tells Justin and he nods his head, "That's me."

"He keeps a journal, and I'm just going to assume that he has written everything that has been happening since he moved here. Because honestly, there's a lot more written on paper in his house," he says and he hands Justin one of the papers. "This one explains his hate for you," Jeremy says and he scratches the back of his neck.

Justin reads a few lines from the paper and he nervously laughs, "I wish I could rip every organ off his body and have him watch me do so. After decapitating him, I'd throw his body in the attic where that bastard should have died... alright," Justin says scratching his chin and he hands Jeremy the paper.

"And according to this paper, it says you guys were engaged," Jeremy says and I shake my head. "He proposed to me, but I had said no. I just felt like, his mental illness was something I could not deal with," I confess and he nods his head. "I understand, which is why I pay his rent to stay out of my house," he says and I look at him confused.

"You know about his personality disorder?" I ask and he nods his head, "Ana, everyone in the family knows about it. Especially after I took custody of him, and the family found out about his abusive mother. Since he was a kid, we all noticed his aggressiveness, but when he murdered one of his mom's boyfriend," "He was a kid when he first murdered someone?" I ask and he nods his head.

"His mom didn't do anything about it, she just walked out on him.  Didn't want to try with him anymore, but I knew if I didn't do anything about it, he'd get out of hand. So I took him to a psychologist, they said he had antisocial personality disorder. He ended up murdering a kid in his elementary school, so I had to keep him in an asylum for the majority of his life. He wasn't able to go to school, so I had to have him homeschooled in the asylum," he says and I couldn't keep my mouth closed. Every sentence he said made me even more surprised than the other.

"So he knows he has the personality disorder? He's been knowing since he was a kid?" I ask and he nods his head. "He has been in denial with it for years, but the whole family knows about his murders and his lack of restraint," Jeremy says and even Justin was surprised with all this new information.

"Do you think there's anything we could do about it?  Maybe to help him, or keep us safe?" Justin asks and Jeremy unhesitatingly says, "I would say take him to an asylum, but I know he's basically an expert at escaping.  So, just move away from him.  Get a house or an apartment, whatever you want to do, and just move away from him," he says and I think about how I don't have much money in savings anymore ever since I spent it on buying this house and the security system, along with the gate. 

"I've been trying to get a hold of him recently, but he hasn't been taking my calls.  So I went to his house, and I didn't see him there.  I found the letters, I read neighbor, Ana, cancelled engagement, new boyfriend... and I knew it wasn't good in his mind," he says and Justin purses his lips.  I could tell he was worried about everything that could possibly go wrong now.