12.

Jason's POV
The old house was quiet and empty.  It smelled of alcohol and cigarettes.  Walking up the stairs I hear her voice talking to someone.  A man I would assume.  "Mom!" I yell at her door.  "Stop," she tells me as she opens the door, "I'm hungry mommy," I say with a high pitch young voice.  "Leave," she tells me and my vision becomes blurry.  "But I'm hung-" "You just don't shut up don't you?! Get out!" She yells pointing behind me. 

"Who's that?" I ask looking at the unfamiliar man sitting on her bed.  "That's not daddy, I'm going to tell on you," I say and I feel a sting on my cheek.  "You will not tell him anything," she says through gritted teeth.  "Little bastard," she says as I then get pushed to the ground.  "Mommy!" I say as I feel her fingers wrap my neck making me breathless.  I attempt to get her hands off of me but she begins digging her nails in my skin making me scream.

"Mommy!" I scream as I try kicking her but she would not budge.  I feel my face become pale as her hands squeeze my neck.  I want to scream so badly, but I can't. 

Ana's POV
I wake up late at night from Jason's chest repeatedly rising at a fast pace.  I take my face off his chest and I see his hands were at his neck, he was panting and sweating.  "Jason?" I say and he begins mumbling "Mom, mommy, mo-mommy," as I shake him, "Jason!" I yell as he begins gasping for air, "Jason!" I yell once more and he opens his eyes. 

"Get off of me!" He pushes me off him.  "Jason," I run to him, "GET AWAY FROM ME!" He yells and he runs to the mirror.  "The scars, it's there, it's here.  No, no, no, she's here," he says looking at his neck through the mirror and he begins lightly shaking.  "Jason, what is it?" "Don't touch me!  You'll hurt me, just like she did," he begins panting as he backs away from me.  "I won't baby, I jus-" "Stop, okay.  She's coming, she's going to kill me.  You're with her and her plan.  I'm going to fucking kill you before you kill me," he cries to me and I shake my head, "I'm not, I won't ever hurt you," I say and he sits down at a corner in his room. 

He's been having night terrors for almost a month now ever since his moms funeral, but it would never be this dramatic. 

He rocks back and forth as he tries to wipe his neck.  "See the blood? It's from her nails," he shows me his hands as he cries.  Obviously nothing was there, "You're not bleeding love, she's not here, your neck is fine," I bend down to his height and hear his staggered breathing.  "She's here, hear he door?" He says as he stands up shuts the door closed.  "We have to hide," he says as he grabs me and puts me under the blankets.  "I don't want her to hurt you okay?  Stay quiet Ana," he breathes heavily under the sheets. 

He puts my face at his chest and he pats my hair down. "Sh sh, you're okay, I won't let her hurt you. Just pretend you're sleeping, and she'll go away," he mumbles in my forehead as he places small kisses on it. "Just stay here, and stay quiet. I won't let her hurt you, not the way she hurt me," he sniffles as he staggers his breathing.

He looks down at me as I was looking at him. "Close you're eyes baby, I don't want you to see her hurt me," he shakily rubs my cheek and I close my eyes. "Good, just go to sleep and everything will be okay," he squeezes me close to his chest and I pretend to go to sleep in the dark room.

Next Morning
Waking up in the morning Jason was sound asleep, snoring even.  He had finally calmed down and pretended to sleep so his mom would "go away" after an hour, which led to him actually falling asleep.  He wasn't okay, and I needed to do something about it.  Maybe just emotionally, but maybe even mentally he's not okay.  And something needs to be done.

His arm was wrapping my body, and my face was at his chest. If I do it, he'll be taken away from me.  But this is what is best for him, and his mentality.  I slid down his body and went through the bottom of the bed to the floor.