8.

Ana's POV
Taking the last plate in the dish washer and placing them on the rack to dry, I close it shut and sit down on the couch. Usual Saturday morning for me, cleaning everything in the house. But after cleaning for three straight hours, I decided to take a break. My phone begins vibrating, and I see it's Emma's mom. "Hi mama, everything okay?" I answer confused. She never called me, unless Emma was at my house because her and her mom got into an argument. But she wasn't here, which worried me.

"Ana, I'm going to need you to sit down," she tells me and I don't do so, because I was already seated. "Something very bad happened to Emma, and her friend Aislynn," she tells me and everything that could possibly happen floods my mind. "What happened?" I ask breathing heavy now. "Emma and Aislynn were found in the lake near her house. Both are dead," and my heart sinks. "Aislynn's back was cut open and she was decapitated, and Emma had been raped, and stabbed multiple times in the area.  And her face was almost unrecognizable," she says crying and I begin crying. 

"If you want, you can come.  I'm at the crime scene, but it's really scary to see it.  But I know you're her best friend," she says and I nod my head.  "I'm coming," and we say our goodbyes.  I lift myself off the couch, put a jacket on, and place my shoes on my feet running to my car. 

Approaching the lake house I see police, ambulance, investigators, and Emma's mom along with Aislynn's parents.  "Oh sweetie, I'm so glad you could make it, the investigators wanted to ask you a few questions," she tells me after hugging me and I nod my head as they ask a few questions.  "Emma's mom tells me you all three were best friends, do you have any idea who might of have done this?" They ask and I shake my head.  "No one had anything against them, from what I know of," I say staring at the floor and then look up at him. 

"No one?  Maybe someone from college, or an ex?" He suggests and I shake my head looking at the lake.  "If any one was threatening them, I would have been told.  They tell me everything.  I just think some psychopath probably decided to kill them," I say wiping a tear coming down my cheek.  "Well by the looks of the stabs, and how one of the girls was decapitated, I can tell it was through anger.  Let me know if you think of anyone who might of done this," he says walking away and I nod my head to answer his request.

"Can I see them?" I ask the police and they nod over to the bags they were shoved in by the lake.  It was cut open by the police and in each bag I saw the bodies that made my heart drop.  Emma was literally unrecognizable as her face was stabbed more than twenty times.  Her skull and brain were crushed and stabbed.  Her dress has a big stain of blood and her inner thighs had a few cuts and stabs.  Lifting up her dress, bugs flew and crawled away from the bloody shriveled hole.  "Oh my god," I cover my mouth as it looked like someone shoved their own fist in her.

I place the dress back to cover her and I see Aislynn.  Her decapitated body was turned around showing her cut up back showcasing her bones and now rotting intestines.  "Have they found her head?" I ask the investigator and they shake their head.  "No, not yet.  But we're going to need you guys to leave.  We will call you both as soon as we get anything.  But we just need to have this clear to find any clues we can," they tell us and I nod getting in my car. 

Emma's mom walks to my car hugging me.  "Stay safe, I don't know if this person would want to harm you too," she says and I thank her for telling me to stay safe.  "Thank you," and I leave to the road back home. 

Getting home I get into my room and close my door.  She's dead, when anything bad happens, she's the person I call, and now I can't call her when I'm mourning over her death.  I wipe tears from my eyes and sniffle.  And then I hear clicking at my window.  It was Jason I would assume.  I get up and smile when I see his face as he hung.  Helping him up he looks at me, "Baby what's wrong?" He asks as he noticed my red eyes and nose.  "Who hurt you?" He asks and I burst out crying.  "Hey hey hey, it's okay, it's okay," he says as he tries holding me up as I fall to the floor on my knees.