Everything's Changing (19)

Start from the beginning

      Her eyes flashed and she lifted her head. Confused. It was as if she couldn’t remember where she was, let alone what had just happened. That wasn’t normal; Lizzie was always able to remember her visions.

      Clasping her head she rubbed small circles against her temples as if just thinking caused her pain. I’d never seen Lizzie looking so vulnerable before.

      “Lizzie?” I asked cautiously “Are you OK? Do you remember what happened?”

      She looked up at me, her eyes scared and worried.

      “Abi?” A voice called out. I turned to find Jasmine looking dazed and sleepy as she clutched my jacket over her shoulders, it was hard not to think how good she looked with my jacket when I was worrying about Lizzie.

      Blushing lightly I turned back to my friend and replied “Something happened to Lizzie, she had a vision but it was all weird. And now she can’t remember.”

      Jasmine rushed to Lizzie’s side and put two fingers to her temples. Before I could ask what she was doing both Jasmine and Lizzie’s eyes were closed and stood like statues. I could only wonder what was happening.

Lizzie’s P.O.V

      “Lizzie, open your eyes.” Jasmine whispered, her fingers pressed against my temples.

      I opened them in shock at what I had seen, my breathing was on the brink of hysterical and I darted my eyes everywhere to make sure we were safe.

      Jasmine turned my head to look at her “She’s not her, we’re safe to talk. So you are going to have to answer some of my questions.”

      Nodding slowly I took a deep breath and waited patiently for the questions she had to ask.

      “Why aren’t you telling Abi the truth? I know it’s to protect her but wouldn’t it be better to keep that…bitch away from her? She’s the danger, not me!” Jasmine begged, her expression tortured. I couldn’t even think about how much pain she must be in to be disliked by someone she cares about.

      Taking her hands in my own I looked into her eyes “You know why this has to happen. We need to see what game she’s playing. This girl changed Abi’s passed, she’s corrupted her mind and made her forget important parts of her life. But what we don’t know is why.”

      She sighed “I was hoping you wouldn’t say that.” Taking a deep breath she asked the next question “How did you know I could be trusted?”

      I laughed softly “Honestly, at first I hated you because I could have sworn you were the danger that the ancestors had warned me about. That was until Abi had that vision of her future. Only then did I find out the truth.”

      Jasmine nodded, but it was only then did she turn away from me. I knew what the next question was, and I knew how painful it must be.

      “Do you know who the real threat is?” She asked through gritted teeth. Her eyes flashed red but only briefly as she turned back to look at me.

      I nodded solemnly.

      She turned back to me. “You know who it is. That’s why you know I have to be the one to take them out.” Her eyes darkened but she smiled “I have to be the person who kills my sister.”

Abi’s P.O.V

      Both gasped as they came out of the trance they both appeared to be in. It was confusing to me to see both of them looking as if they understood each other.

      Although, Jasmine was the only one who appeared to be hurt and sad. Like she had just had her only fear answered and she didn’t like the answer.

      “Are you guys…OK?” I asked, still confused at what had just happened.

      Neither one of them answered but Lizzie smiled reassuringly at me. I thought I wasn’t going to get an answer until Jasmine spoke. “I calmed her mind.” She muttered, refusing to meet anyone’s gaze. “She was in distress so I calmed her mind to keep her safe. No need to worry.”

      With out another word Jasmine walked away. Her shoulders slumped, self-assurance gone, every step I watched her take looked as if her heart was breaking.

      Turning to Lizzie I could see her heart going out to her. I never would have thought such a thing could happen. Jasmine was a changed person.

      But whatever happened, whatever has made her feel this sense of loss has visually damaged her now. And if I thought about it, this visual loss has been there for a long time.

      “I know she was lying.” I whispered, not really knowing how I was able to tell that she was.

      Lizzie nodded “She had her heartbroken a long time ago because of her sister.” My eyes widened in shock, I didn’t know Jasmine had any siblings. “Yeah she never talks about her since she did what she did. She never even knew why she took the love of her life away, even now she doesn’t. I guess that’s why she’s always been so cruel and heartless; she just doesn’t want to get hurt again.”

      Nodding my head at her words I turned to the place where Jasmine had last been and sighed. “How do you know this Lizzie? I thought you hated her?”

      It was then Lizzie’s turn to sigh “I thought I did. But that was before I found out the truth about Jasmine and her past. I know what you are going to ask me, but I won’t tell you. If you want to know the truth you are going to have to hear it from her yourself.”

      She turned to face me and smiled softly “I’ll tell Maria that you’ll be late back. And don’t worry; I’m a good liar when I want to be.”

      With that she left the library leaving me to think about what I must do. It didn’t take me long until I was running down the corridors towards my desitnation.

      Knocking on the door I waited for the person inside.

      As the door opened I was greated by a sad faced girl, but as soon as she saw me standing there a smile spred across her face and she ushered me in.

      “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in your own room?” She asked, slightly confused but still smiling. “Not that I’m complaining of course.”

      I smiled at her comment but my smile was quickly gone as I took a deep breath.

      “Jasmine, I am sorry to ask, but I need to know.” I started, then midsentence I changed “No, I have to know what happened in your past. I’m begging you.”

      Her smile faltered slightly and yet other than that she didn’t appear affected. Walking to her bed she sat down and patted the seat next to her.

      “I guess I better start from the beginning…”