"So did you do any shopping?"
Shakes head
"Well we can do some too if you want"
Nod
"When I texted you, did you have to wait for me?"
Nod
"How long"

He holds up one finger.

"A minute?"
Shakes head
"10?"
Shakes head
"An hour?"
Nod
"What the hell is wrong with you!? IT'S TOO COLD OUTSIDE, IDIOT"
"..."
"Not that I care, screw you"

It's my fault, I texted him an hour ago and said I'd be here.

"Here's your food, enjoy!" the waitress slid your food, a note with your bowl.

"It's probably a receipt" you said slurping that good-good.

You looked on the paper seeing 10 digit number and a lip print, "Geez, that's a lot of numbers."

The two of you sat in silence and ate for a little while, I mean you were too focused on the ramen.

"Oh yeah," You open your Pacebook and snap a picture of Jay eating, "for memories"

You captioned it quickly before setting it down, this time not going back to silence.

"I won't post it if you don't want me to"
Shakes head
"Are you sure?"
Nod
"We should do more of this, free food for me"
"..."
"Don't look at me like that, it's the truth!"
Smile

••

"That was hella good, we gotta go there more"
Nod
"Alright, what's the first store you wanna go to?"

His long ass fingers (low-key boney) point at the store you were about to go to after ramen. You sighed as you walked into the store, your money is gonna be gone within a snap of a finger. Thanos who?

Within seconds, you found a newly released sweater. You looked for the tag & a sweat dropped fell down your forehead.

$245?!

I'll just wait until it's not so brand new...

FROM THE OTHER SIDE

Jay looked at a newly released collection before he looked over at (Y/N). She looked at a sweater sighing ever so slightly and walking away to clearance.

"..."

••

(Y/N) held the door open for Jay as he walked out with bags. He walked a little ahead leaving her behind at the store for just a second.

"Damn you pricey stores" You mumbled before catching up.

"I'm sorry for cutting it short, but
I'm kinda tired. I'm gonna walk home"
Shakes head
"No, I can walk, it's cool"

He points at a coming limo. If he had brought his bike, he wouldn't be able to carry his things home
properly.

"Stop showing off that you're loaded." You said crossing your arms.

Shakes head
"I mean it's already here so I'll feel bad if I don't."

••

"I don't know why you walked up the hill with me, you're really dumb" You say with your hands in your pocket as you walked to your front door.

"Hey, thanks for, like... coming. I really needed to leave for a while. We gotta do this again!"
Nod

He holds out a bag to you and you look down.

"What's this?" you opened the bag and your mouth dropped.

"HOW DID YOU KNOW I WANTED THIS?"

"Shit" you took off your old jacket and emptied your pockets. A pack of gum wrappers, a quarter, and a roll of duct tape.

How did that fit in my jacket? You wondered before shaking it off.

You held your jacket with whatever was in it and threw it in his hands.

"It's the least I could do, do something with that" you smiled before entering your house.

Tonight was a good night

••

Later that night, you sent a photo of the sweater to Jay thanking him.

Jay staring lovingly at the photo smiled and created a new wallpaper.

:)