» 1

"THE NEW MOVE"

(A LOOKISM STORY)

••

You called out to your dad as you entered the small and almost broken house.

The wood was rotting and the paint on the walls ripped. Though it was a little broken, it still worked and you loved the comfort you got when you came.

"(Y/N)? I'm in the kitchen!" You heard him scream.

Your dad was one of the biggest sweethearts in the world. He would support you alone with whatever he had and you promised to protect him with whatever strength you had in exchange.

"Hey Dad!" You yelled, giving a side hug as he cooked rice and beef.

He smiled before ushering you to sit down. The food smelt delicious.

You sat down until, "God damn it!".

Your foot had gotten stuck in the rotting wood.

You prayed to your lord and savior and pulled your leg out fast. Fortunately, there wasn't a single mark left, but there was now a hole in the ground.

"If you squint.. it's not too bad...."

"Ah food's ready, eat (N/N)" He set the plate down for you and you sat and ate quickly. However, he didn't have a plate. And he was crossing his hands. Also, he was shifting a lot.

Hesitantly, you sighed and swallowed a bite of rice and meat knowing there was some news about to come. Did he find out about the kid you knocked over? The food you spilled on that dumb ass teacher? Were you really that bad of a kid? Yes.

"Dad, just say it. You don't just sit there and watch me eat unless you have news" You explain with scrunched eyebrows.

The fork hit the plate and you crossed your legs. Whatever it is, it's probably bad... or good. Who knows?

"This isn't going to be easy," Dad sighed and took your resting hand, "I'm not able to support you anymore".

"What.. what do you mean?" You sighed releasing your hands from the grip of the fist you balled up. This isn't good.

"Financially. I lost my job and supporting for two makes it hard. I still love you in every universe and time and I'll always check on you, but... I'm sending you to Seoul," He sighed and wiped a tear from his eye, "Your mother gave me money for a house you're capable of staying in and school expenses when I told her. I'll work a lot, but text you constantly."

"So," you started, "I have a place to myself?".

He chuckled lightly as you got up to clean your dish. "Yes".

"I've always told you I wanted a new start. There's nothing here for me.. except you. It's not like you're ostracizing me.. I.." The tears in your eyes blur your vision, but quickly do you wipe it and grab your bag, "I'm gonna go pack!"

Dad smiled. Though he worried, he knew in every way this is your dream.

••