fourteen, the monster who saved earth

Начните с самого начала

"Are you forgetting the part where she almost killed me?"

"Or the part where she summoned duplicates of herself to trick us while she escaped confrontation?"

Their debate was cut off as the jet came into view of Loki upon Stark Tower, a smirk bracing his mouth as he sent a blast from his sceptre straight into the jet and then they are plummeting. Crashing down, holding on for dear life, Casia praying to every god she knew that Nat and Clint could pull this off and save them from obliteration.

Casia let out a sigh of relief as they touched the ground, scratched but alive and ready to fight as the door opened and the four of them exited the jet, ambition sky high.

-

-

Lusine sought him out like a wolf to her prey.

Except this time she had no intent on harming him, no blood lust stinging her mouth and salivating her jaws. Just in precaution, she ran a finger across the surface of the pooling power within her, feeling it out, keeping it alive and ready at her beck and call.

Oh, how it sung to her and yet she fended off its charm with her own set of talons, sharpened by the bones of all those she had struck down.

When she rounded the corner into the room, Loki was just pacing in from outside. He stopped in his tracks when he saw her, the corner of his mouth upturning ever so slightly upon his paled, sunken face.

"You look better than the last time we saw one another," He said, his fingers flexing around the sceptre but eyes soft. "Have you come to join me in the final hours of the plan?"

"Loki," She replied, the gentleness to her voice startling the smirk from his lips, "you're not going to win. And, whatever you've been through to make you think this is your only choice, you need to know that you do have a choice. There's always a choice."

"You are wrong," Loki said, watching her carefully as she took a step towards him. Not in fear of his life at her hands, but in caution for any tricks she may have in her deck of cards. "There is no choice. This is my burden, my purpose."

He made no move to stop her as she completed her crossing of the room and stood before him, unarmed and eyes begging. And the tales truly bore no lies of her beauty. From the galaxies in her eyes to the curve of her mouth to the rise of her cheekbones, Lusine Volkov was a work of art.

"I don't want them to lock you up like some criminal," Lusine told him in earnest. "If you stop now, you can remain free. You can truly live." She reached out and took a hold of his hand. "Loki, it terrifies me how akin you are to a dead man walking." Even her hand was warm in his.

Loki let out a breathy laugh, but did not move away from the woman who asked him with every inch of herself to make a different choice. With those ardent eyes he'd found himself begrudgingly in love with, almost impossible to resist.