epilogue

grayson:

2 weeks.

it's been 2 weeks since scarlett killed herself, and i've never felt more empty in my life.

i haven't been eating, sleeping, or have been to school.

her funeral was last saturday, a decent amount of people showed up. what was funny though, was how people who were harassing her just a little over 2 weeks ago showed up to the funeral, crying their eyes out.

every day since the funeral, i've been going to the cemetery to visit her. every day, i place a new rose by her grave.

i can barely live with myself, the guilt is eating me alive. i feel so guilty for scarlett doing this, i should've fucking taken her side from the start.

i just wish she gave me some closure before she left. but sadly, that didn't happen.

no video.

no text.

no letter.

nothing.

as i lied on my bed, staring at the ceiling, i heard the doorbell ring.

at first, i was gonna let my mom answer the door, when i heard a ding come from my phone.

i checked the notification, and it was a text from kathryn.

kathryn
answer the door, it's important

rolling my eyes, i got off my bed, and trudged into the bathroom. i looked in the mirror, and was disgusted by my appearance, i can barely recognize myself. my eyes were extremely puffy, with dark circles below them. my cheeks were stained of dry tears, and my hair was an absolute disaster.

whatever though.

i slowly walked downstairs, running my hands through my hair to fix it a little bit.

once i reached the front door, i unlocked it and pulled it open, revealing a very teary eyed kathryn.

just like me, her hair was a mess. she had bags under her eyes, and she looked extremely tired.

"hi." she said to me.

"hi."

"how are you holding up?" she asked.

"how do you think?" i coldly responded.

she nodded her head and looked down, awkward silence started to rise.

"what's so important kathryn?" i asked, breaking the silence.

"after the police found out no one was living in scarletts house, they started to clear it out to re-sell it. i uh- was walking by one day and went in the house, to see what was left ya know? i saw a shoebox under her bed so i opened it, and found this." she said, handing me something.

i took it and examined it. it was a white envelope, covered in dead rose petals. grayson was written across the back of it.

"this- this is scarletts handwriting."

"i know, i got one too." she pulled out her envelope. "and this one is for ethan."

she handed me an identical envelope to mine, except his didn't have rose petals on it.

"is mine the only one with roses on it?" i asked.

"mhm."

a slight smile came across my face, these are the roses i bought for her.