12

scarlett:

for the rest of the week, i didn't show up to school. i deleted all my social media, and never responded to any texts or answered any calls. i was beginning to isolate myself in this house, this house that had all my memories.

it's now friday, and i obviously don't plan on going out this weekend.

this week, i've barley slept. i stayed up for 2 whole nights in a row, and slept for 4 hours or less the rest of the time. the image of aiden in the bathtub never left my mind, and i don't think it ever will.

i was currently in my kitchen, drinking my morning cup of coffee. drinking coffee has become a routine thing this week, hm wonder why. as i sipped on my coffee, there was a loud ass knock on my door, making me jump.

"fuck!" i yelled, setting my coffee down and getting the door.

i looked through the peephole and saw grayson, what was he doing here?

i opened the door, and motioned my hand for him to come inside.

"what's wrong scarlett?" he immediately asked.

"what do you mean?" i played dumb.

he unlocked his phone, going through our messages. there were about 20+ that i haven't looked at over the past couple days.

"my uh, my phone's dead." i lied, putting my head down.

"for the past 4 days?" he questioned, obviously not believing me.

he looked me up and down, not in a sexual way,in a 'i need to figure out what's wrong with you' type of way.

he probably noticed my red ass puffy eyes, my terrible dark circles, my extremely knotted hair, and my pajamas.

"what happened?" he asked, softening his voice.

"i don't want to talk about it." i said, not looking him in the eye.

"you can tell me scarlett, i promise."

i waved my head no.

"does kathryn know?" he asked.

i waved my head no again.

"so it must be really bad." he sighed.

i nodded.

"scarlett whatever it is, you can tell me. im here for you, i want you to know that."

"i know." i said, barley audible. "but i don't want to tell you."

"how am i supposed to help you then?"

"you can't help me with this."

"oh my gosh scarlett what is it?" his tone grew annoyed.

i waved my head no again.

"are you serious right now?"

i could tell he was getting angry with me, but i didn't care.

"what's so bad then? did aiden leave again?"

yeah, he did.

"grayson, i don't-"

"i don't care if you don't want to tell me, you're going to." he demanded, angrily.

are you serious right now?

"don't tell me what to do." i rose my voice.

"im trying to help you! you're lying and making it more difficult than it needs to be." he rose his voice as well.

"i don't have to tell you grayson!"

"well, then i don't have to help you!"

"you're a dick, you know that?" i yelled at him.

"atleast im not being a bitch!" he yelled right back.

"i'm being a bitch for not telling you something?" i questioned him.

"yeah, you are!"

"fine! if you want to know so fucking badly!" i yelled a final time, before grabbing aidens suicide note from my sweatshirt pocket and throwing it at him.

ive kept it in my sweatshirt all week, reading it over and over. i read the letter in his voice, it's the only personal thing of his that i have, that i'll ever have.

he read the note, and i saw his mouth drop.

"scarlett, im- im so sorry." he said, handing me back the note.

"whatever."

"no, i am. i shouldn't of gotten mad, that's something so personal, i can't believe i made you tell me something like that."

"thanks i guess."

he looked around my house, then back at me.

"so now you're-"

"all alone? yes." i cut him off.

tears instantly brimmed my eyes, grayson noticed this and pulled me into him.

"lets sit down somewhere okay?" he said softly to me.

i nodded my head, and he picked me up and carried me to my room.

for the rest of the night, grayson and i talked about everything.

i told him about how i found aiden, and bawled my eyes out while telling him. he was holding me and playing with my hair the whole time, reminding me that he was here for me. we talked about my childhood, his childhood, our lives now, and what im gonna have to do now that im by myself.

we stayed up til like 3am, before crashing and going to bed. for the first time this week, i got a decent night sleep.

*
thats it for this chapter :)