40

scarlett:

my whole body stiffened at his name, why can't i catch a freakin break?

"oh, uh- i'll let you guys have your guy time or whatever. see you later." i said, beginning to walk out of the living room.

"well, don't leave before saying hi to me." i heard gilinsky call.

i turned around to face him, seeing his devilish smirk. he stood in the middle of the living room with wide arms, wanting a hug.

i hesitantly gave him a hug, making it quick. i tried to pull away, but he hugged me really tight, and for a long time too.

"okay, enough." i whispered to him.

he pulled away, letting out a mocking laugh as he did so. i waved to ethan and grayson a final time, before getting out of the living room as quick as possible.

"holy fuck." i sighed, once i made it to the guest room.

i lied down on the bed, and got my phone out.

i went onto snapchat, and saw a picture of johnson, gilinsky, and some random girl on kathryns story. the caption is, 'date night w my bffs'.

what's wrong with her lately? it's like she doesn't want to be my friend anymore.

i looked through a couple more peoples stories, when i heard knocking on the door.

"can i come in?" grayson asked.

"yeah." i replied.

he opened the door, and came to lay by me on the bed.

"you okay?" he asked.

"yeah, why wouldn't i be?"

"i don't know, you seemed a little off when you saw gilinsky."

"i did?" i lied.

"yeah, you got quiet and wanted to leave."

"oh."

"do you not like him or something?"

i shrugged my shoulders.

"he's a cool guy, you just have to get to know him."

"i guess."

instead of responding, he kissed me on my forehead.

"what was that for?" i asked.

"you're cute, that's why."

i looked at him and smiled, earning a smile back from him.

he then looked from my eyes, then to my lips.

he closed his eyes and leaned in, i copied his actions and did the same. our lips finally met, and my heart exploded.

our kiss soon led to making out, which only lasted a little bit, for a knock on the door interrupted us.

"grayson!" ethan yelled.

"what?" grayson groaned, rolling his eyes.

"do you and scarlett wanna watch a movie with jack and i?"

grayson looked at me, and i shook my head no.

"you can go though." i added, just to make sure he doesn't think im making him stay here.

"you guys watch it with out us!"

"oooo, don't have too much fun in there." ethan yelled, making us laugh.

we heard his foot steps trot away, meaning he left.

"why don't you want to watch the movie?" grayson asked me.

"i like being here with you. plus, making out is really fun."

"ew, you're gross." i laughed.

"that's a good thing though."

"i guess it is."

i then reached into my bag, and pulled out my laptop.

"plus, we can just watch a movie on here."

grayson adjusted himself so that he was sitting up next to me, and i put the laptop across our laps.

"what do you wanna watch?" i asked, going to netflix.

"um, how about something funny."

"like..."

"white chicks!"

i looked up white chicks, and then pressed play on the movie. grayson leaned his head on my shoulder, and i leaned my head on top of his.

as we were watching the movie, he kept grabbing my hand and playing with my fingers. also, he traced circles and random ass shapes on my thighs, which tickled a lot, but i tried not to laugh for the sake of the moment.

"scarlett?" he suddenly asked.

"mhm?"

"earlier when we made out, were you uncomfortable?"

"what? no. why would i be uncomfortable?"

"i don't know, just making sure i guess. did you like it?"

"yeah, why are you asking me this?"

"i don't know, i guess you always gotta get consent right?" he laughed at his own joke.

yep... always gotta get consent.

*
super lowkey but the book is ending kinda soon :(