39

scarlett:

"what about him?"

"i don't know how to say this, at all really. basically, he's been blackmailing me."

yes, i just left out every thing else that jack has ever done to me, but that's way too much to talk about with mrs. dolan. also, she probably wouldn't even believe me...

"how so?"

"well, he has this thing over me. he's saying if i don't do what he says, he'll show everyone this thing" i semi lied.

im not gonna say that he's only threatening to show grayson, then she'll be weirded out and worried as hell.

"what's this thing he has over you?" she asked.

i let out a sigh, do i tell her?

"i-i can't say the whole thing with out it being weird. if it ever were to come out though, just know that i didn't want it."

"you didn't want what?"

"it to happen."

"what to happen?"

"just- i can't say anymore than that really. do you have any advice for me?"

"well honey, i'm not that great at advice. if i had to give you some though, id say talk to him about it. tell him how important it is to you to keep whatever he has a secret, and ask why he even wants to tell anyone. would you like me to talk to him? or to tell his mom?"

"no, that's okay. thank you so much though, for everything." i said, standing up off the bed.

"of course, anytime!"

she stood up as well and gave me a hug, "scarlett, i think it's time i tell you a secret i've been holding in."

"what is it?"

"grayson, he really likes you." she smirked, one of those mom smirks where she knows shes giving me good news.

even know i already knew that 'secret', a smile still crept its way to my face.

"that's good to know."

with that, we both released from the hug, and walked out of the guest room.

she went into the kitchen, and i made my way upstairs into graysons room.

"grayson!" i yelled, knocking on the door.

"scarlett!" he mocked me, before opening it.

i plopped down onto his bed, and he lied down right next to me.

"you were talking to my mom for a bit." he commented.

"indeed i was."

"what about?"

"stuff."

"ohhh you're gonna be like that, huh?" he joked around.

"yeah, i am."

"you suck."

"you swallow."

"i walked right into that one, didn't i?"

"yeah, you did."

he then grabbed my hand and pulled me up, so that i was laying on top of him.

"what are you doing?"

"well, it's after school. i usually take naps after school."

"and you pulled me on top of you because..."

"get comfortable, we're taking a nap."

i rolled my eyes at him, making him laugh.

i scooted off him a little, and lied my head on his chest. he wrapped his arms around me, and then closed his eyes to go to sleep.

"goodnight scarlett."

"we're taking a nap grayson, not going to bed."

"okay, then good-nap scarlett, i guess."

"you're stupid. goodnight grayson."

--

i woke up to the sound of a loud bang,

"what was that?" i tiredly asked.

i stretched my arms out to feel no grayson near me, did he leave?

i opened my eyes all the way and looked around the room, he did.

i got up out of bed and into graysons bathroom to make sure i didn't look weird. once i was satisfied with my appearance, i made my way downstairs.

"sleeping beauty finally woke up!" ethan announced once he saw me.

"shut up. what time is it?" i asked.

"8:24(pm)." he responded, laughing right after.

"holy crap, i took a long ass nap."

"i was gonna stay with you, but we had company so my mom made me get up." grayson said.

"oh, who's over?" i asked.

"he legit just went to the bathroom, but gilinsky."

*
you think anything's gonna happen with gilinsky?