3

scarlett:

there i was, waiting by the library after school.

school ended at 4:30, and it was 4:47.

i probably looked like an idiot to anyone driving out of the school parking lot, just leaning on the wall of the library by myself.

i was about to leave, when i heard a ding from my phone.

grayson
i am so frikin sorry! coach made us run after practice for someone on the team getting in a fight and i just got changed, be there in a sec

grayson was a starter on the varsity football team, as was his brother. i smiled at the text, i don't even know why to be honest. i literally have never talked to him before, but i guess this is a start.

i waited for another 2 minutes before i finally saw him. he was changed back into the clothes he wore to school, except he was a lot sweatier this time.

"hey scarlett." he greeted me, out of breath.

"hey grayson."

he dropped his back pack on the ground, squatting down next to it. he opened up a little pocket in the front, and took out cologne. he spritzed it on himself a couple times, and put it back in his bag.

"i probably smell awful right now." he laughed at himself.

oh how i miss graysons laugh.

"yeah, i can barley breath." i joked, plugging my nose.

"stopppp." he laughed, embarrassed.

"so, whyd you want to meet up?" i asked.

"i want to be friends, so i figured id take you to get something to eat." he responded and smiled at me.

"we could've just texted you know."

"yes i know, but talking in person is better."

i gave him a smile and nodded my head, agreeing with him.

"so, wanna eat at panera?"

"im down."

"okay good, follow me."

i then followed grayson from the library, and to the parking lot of the school. we walked over to his car, he got in the drivers seat and i got in the passenger seat.

"panera here we come!" he yelled aloud, making me laugh.

"i like your laugh." he complimented.

"thank you."

he then handed me the aux, and i plugged it into my phone. i turned on my throwback playlist, and we jammed out to it the whole way to panera.

*
its literally 1:42am and i have exams tomorrow but im writing this omg