36

scarlett:
(thursday)

i woke up to the gross feeling of sweat all down my face.

i looked up from my pillow and noticed my fan wasn't on, and the sound the AC usually makes was silent.

is there a power outage?

i walked downstairs and noticed everything was off, even the AC.

"what the fuck?"

i walked up to my front door, there was an envelope sticking through the crack of it.

"fuck." i muttered as i opened the envelope.

it's a letter that reads...

because of your failure to pay the monthly $107.84 electricity bill on time, we are shutting off your electricity until the bill is payed.  if you have any concerns please contact us via email or cell phone, have a nice day.

i completely forgot about the stupid bills i had to pay.

i sprinted upstairs and into aidens room, searching through everything to find the $2,000 he left me in his duffle bag. i rummaged through his closet until i found the bag, plying it open to get the money.

i pulled out the money and counted out 9, $100 bills, that's it?

$900? where's the rest of it.

i dumped the whole bag out, nothing. i looked around his closet floor and in shoe boxes where the other money could've fallen, nothing.

where the hell is the rest of the money?

okay at least i have enough to cover the electricity, but how am i going to cover the rent this month?

i need help, lots of help.

i decided to call the one and only person that can possibly help me right now, and that of course, is grayson.

the phone rang for a little bit, but then he finally answered.

"scarlett? why are you awake?" he tiredly answered.

"what do you mean? we have school today."

"i know. but like, why are you up so early?"

"huh?"

i looked at my phone and saw the time, 5:34am.

"holy fuck grayson im so sorry i thought it was later."

"it's okay, is anything wrong?"

"yes actually, very wrong."

"what's wrong?" his tone of voice suddenly turned from tired, to worried.

"okay so it started with me waking up all sweaty, and i realized none of the power in my house was on. i went downstairs and saw a letter in the front door saying that i forgot to pay my electricity bill and my power is shut off until i pay it."

"do you have the money for it?"

"yeah i do but aiden said he left me $2,000 but i can only find $900 and i don't know how im going to pay rent." i talked extremely fast, getting worked up.

why should a person my age need to know how to pay bills?

"you can stay at my place until you can pay rent."

"grayson no, i couldn't do that to you."

"trust me, it's okay. id just have to ask my mom."

"are you sure?"

"yeah, of course."

"oh my gosh you're literally a life saver, i just need to get a job or something."

"okay, let me ask my mom when it's a normal time." he laughed.

"thank you so much grayson!"

"no problem scarlett, let me go back to sleep okay?"

"yeah, i'll see you at school."

"see you then beautiful."

the call then ended, and i let out a sigh of relief.
okay, i have a little bit to figure this out.

i went onto google, and looked up how to pay bills. after a little bit of searching and some youtube videos, i kind of got it.

i then went online and looked up jobs that need hiring, i think we all know that i need a job.

*
i bet it sucks to pay bills