5

scarlett:

grayson came over that day, and it was the first time i've ever opened up to anyone. you may be wondering, why would you tell someone something so personal within a day? i was thinking the same thing as i told him, but i just couldn't keep my mouth shut. it was okay that i told grayson everything, he kept it a secret for as long as he possibly could.

"so, you and your brother are drug dealers?" he asked, shocked.

i simply just nodded my head, this all went down hill way too fast.

grayson and i were eating while studying, when he spilled dr. pepper all down his shirt. i told him he could go into my brothers room to get a new one, and there was not 1, but 2 things wrong with letting him do that.

1) my brother has the master bedroom, so that left the question of "your parents gave him the master bedroom?"

2) my brothers room reeks, and i mean reeks of weed.

so, grayson went off to go find a new shirt. when he came back he immediately asked what i knew he would...

"your parents let your brother have the master bedroom?"

i nodded my head, not wanting to get into it.

"and, not meaning to intrude or anything, but i think your brothers a stoner." he said casually.

"oh, didn't realize." i lied.

we continued to eat and study, only i wasn't as talkative.

"what's wrong scarlett?" grayson asked, putting down his pre cal book.

"it's nothing, don't worry about it." i responded, looking anywhere but graysons face.

"c'mon you can tell me, im a very trustworthy person you know." he complimented himself. even know i wasn't looking at him, i knew he was smiling.

i looked up at him and surely, he was.

"are you very trustworthy?"

he nodded his head.

"okay, ill tell you, kathryns the only other person who knows about this. so im begging you, please don't freakout."

he nodded again and put his homework aside.

that leads us to where we are now, me crying about how my brother left and wont be back for a bit, and him trying to comfort me.

"scarlett scarlett, it's okay, i got you okay?" he said.

we were lying down on my bed, i had my head on his chest and he stroked my hair.

"it's not okay." i sniffled, "it hasn't been since my parents died."

"listen, why don't you stay at my house til your brother comes back." he offered, making me jolt up.

"wait, you mean-"

"yes, you can stay at my house. i just have to tell my parents."

"what would you tell them?"

"you're new to this school and haven't made any other friends other than me, your parents went on a business trip and i offered you to stay at my place."

"okay." i cracked a small smile, "thank you grayson, like so much."

"anything to help a friend." he smiled.

a friend, i like how we both thought we were only going to be friends. that was such a simpler time, i still had my problems, but nothing like this.

*
okay thats it for this chapter, time to go take exams💀