22

scarlett:

the whole day at school, i said no more than 2 words to grayson. those 2 words happened to be 'move please' when he was standing in my way of sitting down at the lunch table.

i sat with kathryn at lunch, and told her that grayson and i were fighting. i left out most details like why i got high, and what i did after grayson left. i can't believe i still haven't told her about aiden, but it seems like she doesn't even care enough to ask.

right now, i just got home from school. i took my homework out of my binder and threw it away, there's no point in doing it. im not going to go to college, there's no way i could afford it.

i plopped down on my bed and got onto social media, like always. i scrolled through twitter and instagram, when i got a text.

a text from none other than the grayson dolan.

grayson
open up

uh the fuck? i got off my bed and looked out my window, seeing grayson standing at my door.

i rolled my eyes and walked downstairs. i opened the front door, but only a crack, i wasn't letting him in so easily.

"what do you want?" i asked.

"scarlett, i saw your cuts."

"what cuts?" i played dumb.

"you know exactly what im talking about."

"i dont believe i do."

he rolled his eyes and sighed, "can you please let me in."

"why?"

"because, i want to come in."

"maybe you should've thought about that before randomly coming to my house."

"scarlett-"

"you seem to do that a lot you know."

i almost closed the door, when grayson pushed it open and let him self in.

"well then." i huffed.

i walked into the living room and sat on the couch, he followed my actions and sat next to me.

"i got you these." he said, and pulled out a bouquet of roses.

"thanks, i don't need them though."

"take them."

i grabbed them from his hands and set them down on my coffee table.

"can we talk?" he asked.

"about?"

"you know what about."

"yeah, i do."

"why would you cut yourself?"

"because, i felt like it."

"scarlett what the hell? you don't just feel like cutting yourself. people feel like eating a whole box of pizza, not cutting themselves."

"okay way to make what i did an analogy to pizza."

"an analogy includes the words like or as, i didn't use those."

"wow, please keep making jokes about this, i love it."

"okay im sorry, but for real, you could've talked to me."

"i do grayson, all the time. literally the first day you came over i basically told you my whole life story. talking to you doesn't change what happened, there's no advice you could give me to help me."

"yes there is."

"oh yeah, like what? oh just don't think about it, just do something to get your mind off it." i said sarcastically. "news flash, there's nothing i can do to get my mind off any of it."

"i know that, there's no way anyone could not think about not having a family. i just- i don't know."

"fantastic advice."

"okay, maybe there isn't advice for something like that. or atleast, none that i could give you. i much rather you talk to me, or cry to me, than do what you did."

he grabbed my arm, and rolled up the sleeve to my sweatshirt where my cuts are. he leaned down and kissed my cuts, then looked back up at me.

"what was that for?"

"i felt like it was the right thing to do."

"oh, okay."

"can you promise me that you won't do that anymore?"

"yeah, i guess i can."

man did i end up breaking that promise...

*
remember that the italics are her thoughts now and this is all in the past.