21

scarlett:

the next day at school, i made sure to wear a sweatshirt to cover my cuts. i walked over to kathryns locker and waited for her to show up, i need to up this dare money.

"kathryn!" i called when i spotted her walk in the building.

she flashed me a smile and walked up to me. "what's up?" she asked as she got her books out of her locker.

"i'm uh, running out of money. i was going to ask if you can raise the money for the dare with gilinsky."  i said, embarrassed of what im asking.

she let out a laugh and put a hand on my shoulder, "you make me laugh scarlett, what do you want me to raise it to?"

"like $75?"

"okay, i think i can do that."

"awesome, also can you give it to me before i actually have sex with jack because-"

"no, because how will i know if you did it?"

"i'll tell you if i do."

"and how would i know you're not lying?"

"how would you know im not lying if you gave me the money after?"

"i'll ask gilinsky if y'all have had sex yet, and if he says yes, the $75 is yours."

i rolled my eyes and let out a breath, "fine."

i need to hurry this damn dare up.

kathryn and i began to walk off to class when ethan and grayson spotted us. i gave kathryn a 'don't let them come over here' look, but she completely ignored it.

"ethan!" she yelled, walking over to him.

i trudged behind her and walked to where ethan and grayson were.

kathryn and ethan engulfed themselves in their own conversation, leaving grayson and i standing there awkwardly. i looked at kathryn talking to ethan, then at my shoes. i began to count the tiles on the floor, there's no way im looking at grayson. im just as mad at him as he is at me. i felt grayson burning holes into me with his eyes, and i immediately started to feel small compared to him.

this sucks.

i was about to look up and at least look at him, when i felt an arm sling over my shoulder.

"scarlett, just the person i wanted to talk to!" i
heard gilinskys voice boom.

i turned around to see gilinsky and johnson standing there, cheesy smiles on their faces.

"come on, let's go talk in private." gilinsky smirked at me.

i looked at grayson, and could basically feel the anger radiating off of him.

i began to walk away with the jack's, when grayson tugged at my wrist to make me stay.

he tugged at my cuts, and i felt them stretch, it hurt like a bitch.

"ow!" i hissed, yanking my arm away.

my sweatshirt sleeve rode up my arm, and my cuts became exposed.

the jack's, ethan, and kathryn weren't really paying attention to what happened, but i sure as fuck know grayson was.

he looked at me, with the saddest expression ive ever seen him look at anyone with.

"scarlett-" he tried to say, but was cut off by gilinsky.

"okay, let's go." he said.

i watched as a literal tear slipped out of graysons eye, and all i could do was look down.

i walked off with the jacks, but everything in me which i stayed there with grayson.

*
so grayson knows about the cuts, and they're in a fight