53

grayson:

i'm on my way to go to dinner with johnson, gilinsky, and ethan. i didn't tell scarlett about gilinsky and ethan going, because i knew it'd make her super upset.

as i'm driving though, i can't help but think about what she said.

"why don't you go check our texts on his phone, let's see who you believe then."

i can't help but begin to think that she's telling the truth, why else would she tell me to go through her and gilinskys texts? that means she has nothing to hide, but he might.

this whole thing is making me so fucking on edge. just a week ago, scarlett and i were completely fine, i was more than happy in our relationship.

the night that it all happened, ethan and i got our phones taken away for lacking on our grades. my mom took them at like 9:00(pm), and i didn't get it back until i woke up.

when i saw the bajillion texts and calls from people, i got really nervous. at first i thought someone died or something, but then i read the texts, and listened to the voicemails, and i swear i felt my heart literally tearing.

gilinsky told me that him and scarlett were drunk, and she told him that me and her were nothing more than friends. not gonna lie, that pissed me off a lot, like why would scarlett say such a thing?

now im kind of thinking, maybe his story isn't true. i have a plan to see the texts on his phone, i just have to make sure i can carry it out.

--

"aye grayson, nice of you to finally show up." johnson laughed at me.

i just arrived at the restaurant, and met up with ethan and the jacks by the booth they got.

"traffic was rough." i lied.

"next time, just get a ride with us like ethan." gilinsky said.

"ethan never told me he got a ride, he just left the house."

"why am i not surprised?" johnson said, making ethan laugh.

i sat down in the booth next to ethan, sitting directly across from gilinsky.

we all talked about random stuff for a little, when gilinsky pulled up something on his phone.

"this girl is fine as fuck." he said, showing everyone a picture of some random girl.

yeah she was pretty, but she was no scarlett.

"grayson, you should get at that." johnson laughed.

"nah, im good."

"why? she's way hotter you're slutty ex." gilinsky changed his tone from casual to rude.

i looked over to ethan, and noticed his hands were in fists under the table.

"lay off gilinsky." he muttered, anger lacing his voice.

why is he getting so angry?

"okay bro chill, i was just saying." gilinsky put his hands up in surrender.

"let me see the girl again." i said again, making gilinsky hand me his phone.

he gave me his phone, and i started to pretend to go through that girls instagram.

what i really did, was go to his settings and put my finger print in his phone.

step 1 of my plan, complete.

*
ik ive said this before but the book is almost over, check out my other books tho while ur on my acc ;))))