50

scarlett:

"you-you don't mean that." i stuttered, my throat's feeling like it's slowly closing up.

grayson nodded his head, "i do, you slept with gilinsky."

"grayson, i didn't want to!" i whimpered, practically begging him to listen to me.

he made eye contact with me, and i watched as a single tear spilled from his eye, and rolled down his cheek.

"sure you didn't, lets go man." some random kid i've never seen before spoke up, grabbing grayson and pulling him away from me.

the crowd swarming him followed him down the hallway, and i watched as he left and turned the corner.

"he doesn't want to talk me." i told myself.

i tightly shut my eyes to hold back tears, but it didn't work. tears flowed down my face like a freakin waterfall, i couldn't stop it.

out of impulse, i dropped all my shit and started running. i ran out the door of the school, and into aidens car. i pulled out of the parking lot, and started to randomly drive.

i need to call ethan, where the hell is he?

i pulled out my phone and called him, it took a few seconds until he answered.

"scarlett, hey." he breathed out.

"everyone knows ethan, they all found out. gilinsky asked me to get with him and i said no so he-"

"listen, scarlett. i believe you, know that okay?" he interrupted me.

"i know you do. i tried to talk to grayson but he wont talk to me, can you please tell him what's been happening?"

"scarlett, i don't know to tell you this." his voice was suddenly laced with guilt.

"tell me what?" i asked, becoming nervous.

"i told grayson what happened this morning, he completely flipped out when he woke up. i tried to explain to him what you told me, but apparently gilinsky already beat you to the punch."

"what do you mean?"

"gilinsky texted grayson saying it was a drunk mistake and you're the one who came onto him, claiming that you told him you weren't talking to anyone. he said that it'd make sense that you would make something up to protect yourself, and that grayson should believe his friend who's been there since elementary rather than you."

i didn't respond, i'm so fucking speechless.

"scarlett? are you there?" ethan asked.

"y-yeah, im here."

"grayson believes him scarlett."

i took a deep breath, swallowing the growing lump in my throat.

"so what do i do now?" i asked.

"i-i don't know."

"fuck!" i started to grow angry.

"i know you're upset-"

"where even were you this morning?" i interrupted him.

"with all the shit that happened, i thought it'd be better if i took a day off, and let the situation die down."

wow.

"are you kidding me?" i rose my voice.

"huh?"

"this isn't even your situation to deal with! it's mine! i was the one who was exposed for cheating and now practically everyone in the school has those pictures, i fucking went to school."

"i didn't think about it like that."

"thank you for that ethan. i had to fucking face grayson and his whole damn army by myself."

"i-im sorry-"

"they want me to kill my self ethan, all of them."

"scarlett stop, you're exaggerating now."

"no, don't even say that. you saw the fucking texts."

"y-your right, what do i say then?"

"nothing, don't say anything."

"scarlett-"

"listen, i-i gotta go, okay?"

"please don't do anything stupid."

"no promises."

with that, i hung up the phone. time to do something stupid.

*
book is almost overrr