45

monday
scarlett:

i walked into school, tired and irritated as hell. last night was not a good night for me, i got way too wrapped up in my thoughts. i ended up going to bed at 4:45(am), and i woke up before my alarm, at 7.

grayson invited me to get breakfast with him and ethan, but i politely declined. i just wanted to be by myself this morning.

i made my way to my locker, opening it up and grabbing the shit i need. i was about to close it, when someone yanked me backwards and dragged me to a non-crowded part of the hallway.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?" i heard gilinsky spit.

oh god, not this crap.

"what?"

"ethan. did you tell ethan about any of this shit?"

i waved my head no, and then looked down at my shoes.

"then why the hell is he ignoring me? why does he not let me talk to you?" the anger in his voice was very apparent.

i shrugged my shoulders, still looking down.

"hello? do you know how to fucking talk?"

i didn't answer him.

he slammed his fist on the lockers beside us, making me flinch by the loud noise.

"listen here, this deal isn't over. if you bail on me one more time, the pictures aren't just going to grayson, they're going everywhere."

i looked up this time, and i damn well know that tears were forming in my eyes.

"fuck you." i muttered.

i tried to talk loud, be intimidating even. but all that came out was a weak, shaky voice.

"you wanna know something funny?" he asked, a mocking tone laced his voice.

i stayed silent.

"i'm gonna be the one, that's fucking you."

with that, he pulled himself off the lockers, and left.

i looked around the part of the hallway im in, seeing only 3 other people here.

i bit my lip to keep myself from crying, and started running to the bathroom.

as i ran, i felt my self being pulled back again. i turned around to see ethan looking at me, his face filled with worry.

"what happened?" he asked.

"i-i need to leave." i said back, not answering his question.

"did jack do something?"

i nodded my head.

"come on, we'll ditch."

"w-what about grayson?"

"let me call him."

he pulled out his phone, calling grayson. the bell for 1st period is gonna ring any damn second, i hope he's not in class already.

the phone rang a few times before grayson picked up, right as he did, the bell rang. ethan put the phone on speaker, and grayson started talking.

"class just started ethan, what-"

"we're leaving. me and scarlett, if you wanna come you can. if not i'll give you the keys to the car." ethan interrupted him.

"is everything okay?" his voice changed from stern to soft.

"uh, i guess. are you coming or not?"

"uh, yeah. hold on."

he then hung up, and ethan and i waited for a few moments for him to show up.

we walked over to where his first period class is, and shortly after, he came out the door with his backpack.

"howd you manage to leave?" ethan asked.

"you know how we got breakfast? well, i took a hot chicken mini and rubbed it on my forehead. i asked to go to the nurse, and my teacher felt my head and said yes."

i couldn't help but laugh at his story, of course he would do something like that.

grayson then looked at me, and noticed my teary eyes.

"oh my gosh, are you okay?"

i nodded my head, even know i was lying.

"no you're not, what happened?"

"uh, im gonna walk ahead, so y'all can talk." ethan cut in, starting to speed walk ahead of us.

"i was thinking a lot about aiden and stuff, it made me upset i guess." i lied.

why do i have to lie to the one person i really like?

he stopped walking, and pulled me in for a hug. he kissed my forehead, and then pulled away.

"let's all go to your house, yeah?" he asked.

"yeah."

he then grabbed my hand, and we walked hand-in-hand the rest of the way to their car.

i looked at aidens car in the parking lot, completely forgetting that i drove myself today.

i guess i can get a ride from ethan and grayson tomorrow, and leave my car here.

*
what do y'all think is gonna happen w gilinsky🤔