Chapter Forty-One

Picture of aliyah in MM.

enjoy!

~Aliyah's POV

"You attacked her?" Aunt Jan asked as she pours me a cup of Iced Tea. I told her the whole whole story, way back to when I was just Jacob's housekeeper. I had to let it out, it was bubbling inside me and I knew I could trust her. I take the glass and gulp half of it down.

Auntie Jan's apartment is very nice, I have to admit. Very roomy, especially if she's living by herself. 

"Yeah...I don't know what came over me." I sigh. " She ruined all I had left!"

"I feel you Ali, I really do hun. But that's gives you no right to put your hands on her, she's a human being also. Consider yourself lucky she didn't have her bougie rich parents press charges."

"I'm starting to think she's a demonic spirit." I mumble. " 

"Is she really that bad?" I drop my jaw in disbelief.

"Did you NOT just hear that whole life-story I just told you Auntie?!"

"Okay, alright." I finish my tea and set the glass down. "Do you have work today?" I ask.

"Yes, I do. You may help yourself to the fridge, but please keep this place clean. And no people over. I gotta go get ready for work." And with that, she exits the kitchen. I pull out my phone and turned it on. I can hear the shower turn on, and Aunt Jan singing along loudly to Michael Jackson's Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'. I quietly laugh to myself as I check my phone.

8 missed calls.

1 unread message.

I check the calls first. One from Kaylan, Seven from Jacob. I ignore Jacob and dial Kaylan's number.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Hey, you called." 

"YOU GOT SUSPENDED?!" She starts yelling a thousand words a second, scolding me as if I was her daughter.

"Where are you?" 

"I'm at my aunt's place. I grabbed some clothes and stuff from my room. I'll be staying here for a couple of days, Kaylan." The other end is silent for a while.

"You're leaving me here...with Jayden?"

"I know, Kay. I'm sorry, but I just need to get away for a while. All the drama and fighting, it's become too much. I'm suspended in the last quarter of Senior year for fuck's sake. I really just wanna clear my-"

Suddenly, door knob to the front door jiggles, grabbing my attention. Didn't Auntie say she lived alone?

It jiggles a little more, then swings open. My heart stops. A gasp is caught in my throat. 

I drop my phone, completely frozen.

"Hello?...Hello?" Kaylan continues.

"I got the stuff you wanted Janelle!" He says as he walks in. Upon noticing me, he stops dead in his tracks.

Reymond.

"Just set it on the table!" Jan yells from the bathroom. She comes out in a white towel, and takes the bag from him.

"I didn't know you'd be having...company." Reymond says to her. He looks different. The pervy mustache is cleanly shaved, and he's bald.

"Yeah well I didn't know your ass was released from jail, you sick-minded fuck." I think to myself. I have to bite my lip from saying it out loud.