Chapter Twenty-One

~Kaylan's POV

"And you think Yasmine did it?" I asked Aliyah as I drove her home. She was telling me about her fire burrito at lunch.

"I swear, who else would have the nerve and the energy except her and her bitch clique?"

"Good point. Is she still with Jayden?"

"Physically, yes. Mentally, I doubt it. Shit, I still feel the hot sauce in my mouth."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean Jayden loves her, but of course she's using him. She doesn't love him."

"Or maybe you're jealous." 

"WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY THAT?!?" She yelled in annoyance. 

"Cuz its obviously the truth. You like that white boy."

Cutting her eyes at me, she scoffed before putting me on the spot.

"Anyways, where were you during all of this fuckery?"

Shit.

"Kaylan, where were you?"

"You know, just chillin'."

"But-"

"Hey, did you ever take your pregnancy test?" I questioned, hoping to change the subject.

"Didn't have to, I had my period praise Jesus."

"Okay, I was with Will. I don't like lying to you."

"What? Who's Will?"

"I didn't tell you about Will?"

"No, who's Will?"

"My friend."

"Will isn't a girl name, Kay."

"Well, he's not my boyfriend, just a friend."

"How'd you meet him?" 

Obviously, I couldn't tell her that I'm hanging out with a possible criminal, so I thought of something quick to hold her over from her dumbass questions.

"We met at Starbucks, but he'd rather keep our friendship private."

"My ass." She sneered.

"What? I swear, we're just friends."

" I wanna be your everything, I want to be the one you need." She sang quietly.

Oh no.

"So tell me where ya been all my life,"

"No Aliyah-"

Gonna make you mine tonight," She continued.

"Please, don't-"

" HEY BABY, YOU! YOU GOT WHAT I NEEEEEED, BUT YOU SAY YOU'RE JUST A FRIEND, YEAH YOU SAY YOU'RE JUST A FRIEND!"

"Why do I feel more like more like your mother than you're best friend?" I sighed, knowing she's gonna keep singing.

"Flo Rida! In carol city spent most of my nights,

Tryna make the world whistle

It's a hell of a life! How I made them all get low, bring it back right round, let the good times roll, feeling good right now!"

I pulled up to my apartment complex, and parked.

"That song is so annoying." I said.

"I discovered it like, three months ago, I think it's a cute little middle-school crush song." She laughed as she got out.