Chapter Twenty-Five

~Aliyah's POV

"Whoa, what the fuck?" I said. I looked up and realized it was Roc.

"Shh." He says, looking around nervously.

"What do you want? I'm tryna get to the cafe, I'm hungry."

He closed the door, and looks me dead in the eyes.

"I have to ask you something really important."

"What could possibly be more important than satisfying my stomach?" I joked. 

"Remember last week, when Kaylan was cryin?" 

"Yep." I said, popping the P. 

"And that guy that was huggin' all up on her?" 

"Where are you going with this, Roc?" 

"I needa know who he is." He said in a stern tone. I was shocked and confused at the same time. Why dd he care who was hugging on Kay, unless... 

Oh shit. Roc is jealous! I tried hard to stifle a loud laugh that was threatening to escape. Remember that episode on Spongebob when Spongebob found out Squidward liked Krabby Patties? 

THAT'S EXACTLY HOW IT FELT. 

"Roc? Are you... are you j-" 

"NO." He shot, making it even harder to push back my laugh. 

"I ain't jealous of that nigga, I just gotta know who he is." By now, I was clutching my sides and doubling over in laughter because I knew he was lying. 

"Stop playin' around, just tell me his name." 

"It's... It's..." I said between gasps of air. 

"It's Will." 

"Will? What about his last name?" 

"I don't know. Now can I go?" I asked He is depriving me of my lunch and I am slowly growing irritated. 

"Fine, stingy." 

"At least I'm not jealous!" I sang before walking out of the closet. 

I made my way down to the cafeteria, and bought a sandwich, a bag of Sun Chips, and a Gatorade before sitting down with my group at our table.  

Emerald and Ray Ray were barking at each other (as usual), and Jacob and Prodigy were just watching the debate, clearly amused. 

Surprisingly, Kaylan was here too. She was quiet, but she was here. 

"They're not a scam, you're just a retard!" Emerald snapped at Ray Ray, bringing my attention towards them. 

"What are you guys discussing now?" I asked. 

"Ray Ray thinks that claw machines are scams. Dumbass." Emerald says, rolling her eyes. 

"They are! Have you ever gotten anything out of those things before? It's fucking scandalous." 

"Ray Ray has a point." Prodigy says, putting in his opinion.

I feel my phone vibrate, and unlock it to reveal a text from Jayden.

'Aye, long time no see. U wanna chill later?'

Is he fucking serious?  

"Who you textin'?" Jacob says, making me jump. 

"Huh? No one."  

"Then let's go to the arcade tonight, and see if it's really a scam or not." Emerald challenges.