Chapter Thirty-Six

~Aliyah's POV

As we all left the family room, I caught a glimpse of Emerald and Ray Ray. It appeared like they were arguing, but I couldn't be sure. I was pulled out of my thought by Jacob, who just walked right past me. I take it he's upset about the Yasmine thing. 

I follow him down the long hallway of Prodigy's house, calling after him. I know he can hear me, he's just choosing to be ignorant. I finally catch up to him right before he goes into the bathroom and stick my foot in the door.

"Excuse me." Jacob says without making eye contact.

"Can we talk?" I ask, not moving my foot.

"I need to take a piss,Aliyah." I manage to open the door all the way and enter. I close it behind me and he sighs.

"Are you mad at what I did?" He takes a while to contemplate his answer. "Was it really you, Ali?" The sincerity in his eyes makes me want to cry. A lump forms in my throat, making me afraid to answer because I might start crying. So I just look down and slowly nod.

He surprises me by embracing me in a hug. I expected him to be pissed that I was behind him and Yasmine's split, but I guess not.

"I'm a little upset, but if she had never broken up with me, I would've never realized how much I love you. Just promise you won't fuck me over,alright?"

"I love you too,and I promise." We pull away from our hug and kiss, this one more meaningful and passionate.  His hands move from my back to my waist, as mine dig in his big mop of hair.

I let out a small moan as Jacob lifts me and my legs wrap around his waist. He lifts me onto the counter. His tongue grazes my bottom lip as he manages to unbutton my jeans. I begin to kick off my shoes so I can remove the jeans but then I remember that we're in my ex-boyfriend's house.

"Jacob..." I say between kisses. "Jacob, we need to stop."
"...Or nah." He goes to kiss my neck and it took everything in me to move away before he could start.

"What?" He asks.
"I just don't feel comfortable, this is Prodigy's house." I sigh, re-buttoning my jeans and placing my shoes back on.
"It is, huh?"
"Yes."
"I should piss on his floor." he quickly pulls his pants down and I cross my arms in disapproval.
"Don't, Jacob."

Before he can say anything, there is a light knock on the door.
"You guys? Are you in here?" Kaylan's voice says through the door.
"Yeah, just a second." I reply, looking in the mirror to make sure I looked okay.
I open the door and leave first, Jacob following. Kaylan notices and make a weird face, but doesn't say anything.

"I have to go, my sister's in the hospital. Can Jacob take you home?" I look at Jacob and he nods.

"Great, I'll see you guys soon." she smiles before walking down the hallway. I hear the front door open and close, confirming Kaylan's exit.
"Looks like I'm taking you home." Jacob says.
"Guess so."
"Maybe then we can finish what we started." He whispers, wrapping his arms around my waist.

We walk down to the family room, but halfway we run into none other than Zonnique.
"Aye, can I ask y'all something?" She says, looking around before continuing. "Dana is Ray Ray's girl, right?"

Jacob and I both nod,and her eyes grow wide.
"Why?" I ask.
"Nothing just wondering, that's all girl." and with that, she turns on her heel and walks away.
"That was..." Jacob starts.
"Weird."
"Hella weird."

We go back into the family room and sit down in the same place as before. Everyone is here now except Kaylan.
"Well, the ringleader had to go so ima take over from here." Ray Ray says.
"Where'd she go?" Dana asks.
"She didn't say. All she said was it was an emergency."
"Wait..where's Roc?" I ask, looking around.
"He went with Kaylan." Zonnique snaps, lazily picking at her fingernails. I almost want to laugh right in her face.