Chapter Thirty-One

~Kaylan's POV

Zonnique is in the middle of another story.
As usual, I want to rip out the extensions in my hair and strangle her with them. She's such a damn drama queen.
I'm in the middle of a mental list of ways to murder Nique without leaving evidence, when Dana kicks me under the table.
I look up at her and her eyes dart to Ray Ray, who's silently eating his food, not making eye-contact with anyone.
Woah.
"Is he okay?" I whisper to Dana, and she shrugs.
"He's been like that for a couple of days, I don't know what's up with him."
I pause for a second, then whisper the situation to Emerald on the other side of me.

"I got this." She reassures me and Dana before clearing her throat.
"Oh my gosh, Miley Cyrus is such a bad influence on the youth of America." She says, twirling the ends of her curly hair. Everyone except Ray Ray stops and turns their attention to her.

"I was talking, Emerald." Zonnique snaps.
"Well, now I am." Em shrugs. You could practically feel the tension rising between them. It seems like none of us girls can stand Nique, well except Aliyah.

"Rihanna is such a ho." Emerald says, clearly to grab Ray Ray's attention. Normally by now he'd be fuming as he tries to defend his celebrity crush,but its like he's deaf.
"You guys, this is it. I didn't wanna say it but it's guaranteed to work." she whispered to Dana and I before clearing her throat.

"Nicki Minaj has a fake-"
"SHUT UP. NO SHE DOESN'T." Roc and Prodigy  butt in.
Dana and I simultaneously facepalm, and Ray Ray stays silent.
Oh my Gosh. If Ray Ray didn't respond to that, it can only be one thing.
"Ray Ray's broken. WHO BROKE RAY RAY?" Emerald says.
"I'm fine, Em. Just tired." Ray Ray speaks up.
"Oh, okay." We all mumble back.
Zonnique continues with her story, and I'm on #6 on ways to kill her off when my phone rings.

*I don’t think they know the truth
Say they saw
I don’t think they know,
how could they know
I don’t think they know the truth Say they saw-*

It's an anonymous number, so I grow cautious as I pick up.

"Hello?" I answer.
"I wasn't done with my story." Zonnique pouts and I roll my eyes and shoo her off.
"Hey baby, it's me." My heart flutters once I hear those words.
"Will?" I try to whisper, but it does no good. Everyone's listening to my conversation.
"Aww!" Dana and Emerald coo.
"Do you guys mind?" I say.
"Whatever." Emerald replies, and Dana holds her hands up in a surrendering gesture.
"Yeah baby. I need you to do me a favor." His voice is shaky, like he's scared.
"Ok, what's up?"
"I need you to come by the County Jail and bail me out real quick."
"WHAT?!" My mind starts racing with thoughts on what he did to get in jail.

"Calm down Kaylan, it probably wasn't even that bad. Maybe he just ran a red light or something."
I say inside my head, then facepalm myself for thinking something so stupid.

"Ok,ok. Uh, how much is bail?" I sigh, getting up from the lunch table.
Damn, I didn't even get to eat. Where's Aliyah with my lunch?
"Don't bitch out, alright?" He says.
"Ok."
"It's uh..$450."
"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" I shout.
"You said you wouldn't bitch out,Kay."
"I can't help it! I'm just...nevermind. I'm on my way. I'll see you soon." I say before hanging up, not waiting for his response.

Everyone at the table except Zonnique has a shocked expression on their face. Even Ray Ray.
"What the hell was that?" Dana says.
"Nothin', I just gotta go...bail out Will from jail." I murmur that last part.
"You have to bail Will from WHAT?!"
"Jail."
"Shit, I'm comin' with you." Dana says and walks to the exit.
"Well, I'm not gonna stay here with the guys so I guess I'll go Free Willy too." Emerald follows, and everyone cracks up at her pathetic joke.
"I'm still here Emerald." Zonnique beams.
"...Dana, wait up!" Emerald yells  and runs to catch up with Dana.
I start to walk away when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and meet eye-to-eye with none other than Roc.
"Kaylan, are you for real about to go bail this loser out of jail?" He says.
"That is none of your concern, thank you very much, and he is NOT a loser." I snap. He has the nerve to ask me something like that?