Chapter Twenty-Four

~Roc's POV

All during Aliyah and Kaylan's show, Nique kept grinding all up on me like she was getting paid to do so. I'm not gon' lie, I enjoyed it a little, until I locked eyes with Kaylan. I could see the shock and hurt in her eyes, and immediately felt guilty. Not only because Nique, but because she was so surprised she messed up the second verse.

She wasn't over me, and quite frankly, I could say the same. She was my first and only girlfriend, everybody knows your first is hardest to get over.

I waited until the set was over, and rushed backstage.

My group was the last to perform, so I had plenty of time.

When I saw Kaylan, her back was turned to me, and she was crying on Aliyah's shoulder.

"I can't do it! I just can't!" She cried.

Aliyah spotted me, and gave me a look that said, 'You better come and fix this.'

I started to make my way towards them when someone brushed up against my shoulder and passed me. It was a dude, jogging in the direction I was heading in. I stopped and watched as he talked with Aliyah for a few seconds, amd pulled Kaylan into a hug. She embraced him, and he let her cry on him.

Now I could see what Kaylan was feeling. Seeing her in another dude's arms was heart-wrenching.

Filled with anger and regret, I turned on my heel and stormed out of the building. I needed some fresh air.

I pulled out my phone and earplugs, and turned the Pandora app on. Instantly, Marvin's Room by Drake started playing. Normally, I would've changed the station by now, since I wasn't a soft guy, but this song hit me right in my emotions.

I sat outside for a good fifteen minutes, listening to music, and thinking.

Soon enough, Prodigy found me outside, and brought me back inside because we were up next.

I went backstage and got in place right in time for the set before us finished.

After what seemed like forever, the host introduced us, and the curtain rose.

The instrumental started, and we started doing our synchronized dance before the song actually started. Prodigy would be vocal with the rest of us as backup, I do the first and second verse, then Ray Ray and Princeton switch during the bridge.

(Out Of My Head by Lupe Fiasco feat. Trey Songz)

"Girl I want you to know

I can't get you out of my head,

My head,my head.

Girl I want you to know

I don't even know what you did

You did you did

But I love it" Prod sang into the microphone, my verse.

"Uh Uh

Everything hooks

Everything works, you're a real good chorus

I'm a real good verse, freestyle unrehearsed

So clean no curse

And when the song's gone man everything hurts