Chapter Twenty-Nine

~Prodigy's POV

(Bump,Bump,Bump by B2K & P.Diddy)

"I like your lil sexy style

I love it when you getting wild

Girl in the club wit me

Girl you need to be in magazines

Wit a crown on your head cause you's a ghetto queen

Like bling bling bling 

The way you shakin that sexy 

Body

Shaped like an hour glass 

Can we spend some time

I wanna get you to myself

You and me and nobody else

Yo do the things we do

Baby there is something that i need from you"  The words flowed from my mouth to the microphone in the most soothing way. Singing is something I honestly think I could build a career on, if I worked hard enough. Although sometimes, it seems like I'm the only one that takes this seriously.

I am cut off from my thoughts as the chorus begins, and before we can even get half-way through it, we-or should I say Ray Ray- fuck up for what seems like the 100th time.

"Oh my God, RAY RAY! IT'S THREE BUMPS NIGGA. THREE! BUMP.BUMP.BUMP. THE SONG AIN'T CALLED 'BUMP BUMP BUMP' FOR NO REASON." Roc barks.

"Damn, my bad." I'm not even sure what Jacob's doin' on the other side of the stage.

Even Mr.Esop, our vocal coach, was frustrated up to this point.

"Alright you guys, let's take a short break, no more than 10 minutes." He said, burying his head in his hands. Everyone departed off the stage, except me. I watched as Mr.Esop walked up the short staircase and walked over to where I was standing.

"Prodigy, can we talk for a second?"

"Uh, yeah. What's up?" I grew slightly nervous, so I placed my hands in the pockets of my jeans.

"Look, I'm not trying to be mean, but let's face it. You have the most potential and the better voice of the rest of your group. You, my friend, are the sundae, Roc is the toppings, and Ray Ray and Princeton are like the cherry on top." My jaw dropped at his words.

"Um," It was hard to say anything because I was so in shock. I quickly rambled my brain for a response and hoped for the best. "Cherries are dope though." I mentally smack myself.

"Well, yeah. But what's a cherry without a sundae, right?"

"The cherry would just-"

"Enough with the metaphor, Prod. Look," He glances around for a quick second before proceeding with his statement.

"I think you should start thinking about a solo career. No hard feelings on the boys, they're like my sons. But I see a real talent in you, Prod. So here's what I'm gonna offer." His voice hushed down to a whisper as he described what was going to happen, and as much as I hate to, I agreed to it. Of course, I was still in the group, but something was going to change, and hopefully for the better.

~Ray Ray's POV

"Baby, turn around and lemme see that sexy body go-" I sang as Roc and I walked down the lob aisle of the auditorium and out the door.