Chapter 37

Emma's POV

When I woke up I was confused as to why I was in bed? I swear I fell asleep on the sofa? Harry must of put me here.

I squinted as my eyes adjusted to the light pouring in through the window. Harry really does need some new blinds these ones are crap they might as well be non existent.

I sat up and instantly felt a sharp pain run up through my arm. Shit. I'd completely forgot about my wrist. I reluctantly looked at it pulling the bandage back and it looked bad. Really bad. It needed to be looked at now. I got up and threw on some clothes but my trainers on and made my way to the door.

I sidetracked to check on harry before I left and he was asleep peacefully on the sofa with FIFA on pause. I'm sure he wouldn't notice that I've gone for a few hours. I might actually go shopping for a while with Jess if my wrist isn't too bad, I feel like I've not seen her in ages.

......

I had been sat in the stuffy germ filled waiting room for over 2 hours and I was beginning to get impatient, my wrist was throbbing and the homeless tramp sat next to me who was constantly scratching and coughing made me feel queasy.

"Emma Jones please" a small skinny woman called my name.

I stood up and walked over to the desk.

"Are you miss Jones?" She asked, bit of stupid question really seen as she just called for me.

"Yes."

"The doctor will see you now, Please follow me."

I followed her down the long corridor which seemed to go on and on white wall after white wall. Littered with nurses doctors patients and equipment.

We finally reached the doctors room and she gently knocked on the door before opening it and sending me in.

I felt uneasy and slightly nervous as I sat down in front of the doctors desk.

"Hello miss jones, how can I help you?" He asked extending his hand for me to shake.

"Erm well it's about my wrist i think it's broken."

"Oh well let me have a look."

I took off the bandaged if wrapped it in and lifted my wrist up so he could see it.

His face changed to shock and he gasped.

"Dear god!" He exclaimed. Oh great because that doesn't worry me at all.

"What?" I asked jumpy, what could be that bad for a doctor to react like that, normally they act cool even if someone comes in with a chainsaw stuck in their head.

"How long have you left this for?" He asked concerned.

"About a day an half"

"And you knew it was broken when you did it?"

"Yes, well I just presumed and I would of come in earlier but I was tied down with things."

"Oh come on priorities miss jones, you should of come in as soon as."

"Yes and my priorities at the time were not my wrist, don't talk about priorities when you don't know the full story sir." This doctor was beginning to piss me off.

"Okay fine. So let me examine it to determine where we go from here." He said reaching for a pair of gloves.

"What's the worse case scenario? " I asked not sue if I wanted to know the answer.

"Well looking at it now, there's a lot of bruising and discolouring and it is definitely broke, but because you've left it for so long untreated I'd say worse case scenario is amputation I'm sorry. But I highly doubt it would come to that, so I wouldn't worry."