Chapter 22

Emma's POV

I decided I'd say the night with harry at the hospital again. The doctors weren't going to discharge him today because he keeps going lightheaded and having dizzy spells, and he's not eating well either, but they will most likely discharge him tomorrow morning.

I pushed the thought of my angry parents to the back of my mind. They weren't my main priority right now. Harry was. So I switched off my phone and put it to the bottom of my bag.

"Hey" harry numbed as he lazily turned over to face me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked placing my hand over his.

"Okay I guess. A little queasy but not too bad." He smiled weakly.

"Em, are your parents not wondering where you are?" He asked and at the mere mention of them my brain went in to overdrive.

"No. Why would they!" I snapped.

"Oh. Okay. I only asked." He said obviously a bit hurt by my bluntness.

"Sorry." I sighed sitting on the end of the bed.

"Em?" He reached for my hand.

Harry's POV

What was troubling her, I could tell something was.

"Emma, come on. I know something's up." I urged her to let me in.

"It's just- never mind." She trailed off. I sat up slowly my vision blurred a few times but I managed. I shook my head then scooted closer.

"Harry, you should be re-"

"I'm done resting I've been resting for almost two days, it's driving me insane."

"Coming from the guy who all he does is sleep." She laughed.

"True, but even I can only lie down for so long in the same spot, looking at the same boring celling." I nudged her.

"Soo..." I encouraged.

She sighed a big sigh before starting her tale.

"Basically that stupid doctor rang my mum saying I had come on with my boyfriend, and was it okay if I stayed an extra night! And now I I go home i will literally get shredded to pieces. But don't worry I'm staying here with you tonight, my phones off and ill go back tomorrow." She explained. Oh shit. We're screwed. But I swear to god. Ill or not ill go round there and knock ten bells out of him if he lays so much as a finger on her.

"Are you sure you want to stay. If it's better you can go home now. Ill be okay."

"No no. Your my priority at the moment. Your the one that's important in my mind right now not them. Ill stay until they discharge you run you home, go home my self then go to collage, or I might skip depending how pissed I am.

"Thank you babe, that means a lot." I say and I mean it.

"It's okay, now come on don't go worrying about me you need to rest." She said. How can I not worry? She knows I will.

Instead of causing an argument I just decided to nod my head. And i patted the bed for her to sit down. My medication i took before had started taking affect.

"Lay with me for a while. And just forget about all your problems babe, you'll be safe with me." I smiled reassuringly. But suddenly getting very drowsy. I could hardly keep my eyes open.

"Thanks harry." She said bending down to kiss my head.

"It's okay." I smiled, laying my head against her shoulder. Watching her flipping through a magazine.

"So what do you think?" She asked for the millionth time.

"Hmm what??" I mumbled, my eyes unable to open.

"Of the dress?" I could picture her rolling her eyes at me. With that little grin on her face.

"Oh, yeah it's nice." I said. I wasn't even looking. My mind was felt so clouded. I couldn't think straight.

"Harry.." She moaned.

"What now!" I snapped a little too quick.

"Sorry. I'll let you rest. I'm sorry." She quickly apologised. Great going harry.

"No I'm sorry babe. I didn't mean to snap." I lifted my head from we shoulder. I hate these stupid meds. I literally couldn't open my eyes. They felt like they had lead weights stuck to the bottom of them. It was awful.

"It's fine."

"Look I probably look really rude right now. But can I just clear up, that I would open my eyes if I could but they literally won't open! and it's the weirdest and most fucking annoying thing in the world!!" I said angrily.

She surprised me by laughing.

"It's not funny." I said crossing my arms.

And she only laughed louder.

"Stoppp.." I whined.

"I'm sorry. It's just funny to watch." She laughed. Spluttering her words.

"Oh yeah it's hillarious." I mocked her voice, leaning back on her shoulder.

"It is though. Come on admit it." She giggled.

"Yeah yeah whatever." I said closing my eyes.

"Try and get some rest now. And open your eyes when you can." She laughed.

"Oh yes. It's fine everyone laugh at harry!" I said before my mind slowly started to wind down. And I drifted of peacfully.

----

"Harry quickly, go upstairs baby, go to that special hiding place and don't come out until I come to get you okay. Quickly run!" Mummy said her voice sounded funny, she was all shaky?

"Okay mummy, I won't" I said quickly running up to my room. I didn't understand why my mummy always told me to go and hide every time daddy came back late at night?

I scurried across my small dark room and opened my wardrobe. This was my secret hiding place, where mummy tells me to hide so no one bad can get me. I grabbed my torch and climbed in shutting the door behind me. And waited for mummy to come and get me.

"Mum!" I called out. jumping awake. I sat forward. And ran my hands over my face and through my hair. I shook the images I my mum out of my head. Her pale body laying lifeless on the bathroom floor.

Stop! Stop! I thought. As all the images started coming back from that night. I scrunched the bed sheets up in my hand, as the images flooded behind my eyelids.

She lay a rope around her neck, pills crashed all over the floor. Her eyes empty, void, and emotionless. Wide open. Starring off Into nowhere....

"Harry.." A small voice broke through my horrid thoughts.

I turned my head to the side to see a very worried looking Emma. Her hand placed on my back, gently rubbing it. My eyes glistened and i looked down I unable to stop the emotions that racked through my body. I tried to tell em, I really did but my stupid pathetic sobs stopped me.

"Oh harry... Shhh!" She said pulling me close to her chest. Hugging me tightly.

I let her calmly rock me back and forth, whilst listening to her calming voice soothe it's way around my raging brain. Her little words of encouragement slowly started to build a wall in my head, and layer it, until all my previous visions of my mum were locked up behind the wall.

I pulled away from her protective embrace and smiled weakly. She didn't say anything or ask me anything, which I was grateful for. She simply lay her head against my shoulder and relaxed into me and within 10 minutes she was peacefully asleep. I loved her so much. But I was dreading her going home. Because I know whatever her parents do it won't be good...

(Hi guyssss! How are you all! Ily all. Hope your enjoying the story so far. If you want to ask anything or comment feel free, I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys. Ily all don't forget to vote. Okay byeeee. Xxx)