Chapter 10

Emma's POV

A I stepped through the front door back into my house. I was instantly greeted with my two very angry looking parents who both towered over me.

"Where the hell have you been!!!" My mother shrieked at me!

"And why didn't you call!! Do you know how worried I've been!!" She lowered her tone but still shouted at me.

"I was at a friends, me and Jess.. We had an argument." I lied.

"And i just needed some space!" I lied again.

"Well why didn't you just come home." My mother asked.

"Because I need some space to think."

I looked over at my father who seemed surprisingly quiet.

"Emma! Who's clothes are they!!!" He said with a serious tone. I spoke to soon.

"What?"

"The clothes your waring there not yours!!" He said his voice rasing.

"Yes they are I've just bought them." I lied. Hoping they would buy it.

"Emma, first off I know male clothes when I see them and I know for a fact those are male shorts because of the waistband on them and second they wreak of a mans cologne." He said with a smug grin, as if he was a pathetic girl in year 9!

"What.." My mum said sounding horrified.

"Well girl is this true!!" He demanded. His temper rising.

"Look. Fine yes they are a guys clothes. I borrowed them, because I didn't have a change of clothes from yesterday to wear and I had a shower so I didn't want to put dirty clothes back on." I lied again. I think it was working.

"Oh I still don't understand -" my mum started to say until my dad cut her off.

"Bull! Your lying Emma! I can see it in your eyes! You spent the night with a boy you don't call or text to let us know your safe and you come home after skipping a whole day of collage waring this mystery mans clothes! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!" He yelled in my face, gradually getting louder and louder.

"Dad-"

"No Emma! I don't want to hear it! Get to your room! And your Grounded for two weeks!!" He yelled pointing at the stairs.

What!! Two whole weeks! He has to be joking!

I ran up the stairs not even apologising to either of them I pushed open my door and slammed it closed before collapsing on my bed.

After about 5 minutes I hear my parents yelling!

"She has no right to talk to us like that Kim! If we let her off with this she will just continue to do it! And she will not treat us with the respect we deserve." He yelled as my mum tried to fight back.

"But she's almost-"

"No Kim! I will not stand for this lack of respect we are her elders and she must respect us!"

Ugh he such a prick! I thought as my mind turned to all the possible things I could do to distract my self from my own mind, and drown out the shouting voices.

"Look Kim! I can't stand this! I'm stressed enough with work at the moment I don't have the time to worry about Emma right now!"

What a dick head!

"She's your daughter Richard!" She said sternly.

Ugh why are they so loudddd!

"I know! Exactly so I can't afford her to start having a name for herself. No boys from now on! End of discussion. I'm going for a drink."

Oh fucking fantastic. A drink.

After a few minutes I heard the front door slam shut and finally there was silence.

I closed my eye wishing all the negative angry thoughts would just evaporate out of my head. But the quieter it got and the longer I lay there, there more frequent and annoying they were.

And before I realised I found my self picking up my alarm clock and launching it over to the other side if the room. It made a loud thud as it bounced off the wall and on to the floor.

I breathed in an out a few times trying to calm my self down. I closed my eyes again and tried to picture the happy laughing curly haired boy with those deep emerald green eyes that I left only a few hours ago. All I wanted was to be held in his strong embrace. For me to feel safe against his touch. Just to be with him.

I wonder what he was doing now?

----

A loud bang was what woke me up suddenly. I jolted up and squinted to try and focus in the dark. As far as I could see no one was in my room. And then I saw the streak of light appear under my door.

My dad.

I quietly got out of bed and tiptoed to the door. An placed my ear against the door to see if I could hear who it was.

"Emma!!" The loud voice boomed suddenly so close to my door I felt he was doing the same thing as me.

My door flung open and my dad stepped through.

"Y-yes dad!" I stuttered nervously. I know he would never physically hurt me in any way but his temper was scary.

"Your such a disrespectful child, You know that! So so disrespectful!" he said loudly, shaking his head.

I started to walk back towards my bed.

"Where the hell are you going!! Don't you dare walk away from me" he shouted gripping my arm and spinning me round.

"Do you know how hard I work to keep this family a float! Do you? "He shook my arm!

"Well!!" He said his voice louder and his grip on my arm got tighter, I'm sure it would bruise over night.

I tried everything to fight back the tears that were threatening to Overflow. But I just couldn't help it.

As one flowed down my cheek, I tried to force the others back but they refused to stop falling.

"Oh pathetic! That's right turn on the water works! I never wanted a girl anyway!" My dad said harshly before letting go of my arm and walking out of my room. Once he had gone and my door was shut I collapsed into the floor in a big mess. If anyone saw me know the's probably put me on a ward for the loonies!

I had to escape this house. I had to be free. And feel all my worry and anger be pulled from me by the wind. So I went to the place where no one knew about only me. It was my safe place where no one knew I would go, or even could go.

I opened my window and quietly stepped out on to my balcony. I carefully climbed on to the railings and grabbed hold of the metal pole that held up the guttering. And climbed on to of the roof. And right in the corner was a dip, where it was sheltered and flat, so you could sit on it.

This was my sacred place. The place that only I knew of. The place where I could breathe.