Chapter 28

Emma's POV

"Dad just leave me alone, I'm not coming home anymore, you can't make me." I snapped down the phone in a hushed tone so I didn't wake up harry, who had finally gone to sleep.

It was around midnight now, and I had been woken up by my phone ringing.

"No dad! I'm not discussing this now! It's midnight! And I'm trying to sleep and so is har-" I stopped mid sentence realising he'd flip even more if he realised I was even sharing the same room as him let alone the same bed.

"Finish that sentence!" He said sternly down the phone.

"I-erm. I'm on the sofa and he fell asleep, and I don't want to wake him." I lied.

"What's his name?" He demanded

"I'm not telling you his name, just try and see my side of this and I might consider coming back but for now I'm staying away. Until you stop drinking yourself into oblivion every time you get stressed then come home and tell me how much of a failure I am. I hate it." I said, suddenly having an inner confidence to confront him, something I've never had before.

"What's me having a little drink with colleges got to do with any of this!" He snapped defensively.

"Oh struck a nerve have I dad!" I loved this new me, a me that can stick up to my dad.

"Since when have you got so rude and argumentative!" He argued back trying to change the subject.

"Since I realised how much of a prick you are when you drink, and being the only one in the family to finally a ad up to you! So I'll say again your drinking is one of the main reasons I'm not coming back. So until you sort your ideas out I'm not coming back. And don't worry I'll still be going to college."

"Emma, you can't do this to me, your mother. It's driving her crazy." He rambled on and on.

"Look dad I don't really care anymore, I'm strong enough to stand up to you now I'm not a little girl anym-"

"No no leave me alone no!!!" Harry's panicked voice cut through my conversation. Not again.

Without thinking I through the phone on the table and quickly went to Harry's side.

"Baby, harry, wake up your okay, come on."

"No no emma! Help me he's hes-" he thrashed around the bed.

"Harry!" I shouted slapping his chest. And he jolted forward straight into my arms.

"Shhh. Shhh. It's okay, I'm here now. He can't get you anymore, I've told you never let him pull you into the dark honey, you'll always have me." I said hugging him tight to my chest. And stroking his sweat laced hair back from his face.

There was a few minutes silence before his heavy breaths began to fill the room again and I slowly lay him into my lap.

Shit. My dad! I realised when I look over at my phone to see it still lit up and the minutes I've been on the phone still moving. Oh great.

I carefully slide harry off my lap and kiss his forehead. I pick up the phone and go to the bathroom.

"Dad?" I ask warily.

"What the hell was that!" He boomed down the phone.

"Nothing."

"Oh really because it didn't sound like nothing to me! Emma I'm not stupid tell me what just happened!"

"I can't I'm sorry but I can't!"

"Emma you'll tell me right now! If your living with a mentally unstable person who still has nightmares when he's 19 I need to know!"