Sinbad .rough waters.

"Is she awake yet?" You could hear outside

"Is she awake yet?" You could hear outside. You could feel water surrounding you but oddly, you could easily break the surface. You flutter your eyes open and notice that where you were was incredibly dark and dimly lit. You could see that where you were was not your home down under, instead was above land. You could hear a noise scurry across the floor making you jolt up and hit your back against the wall behind you. "W-who's there?" You ask nervously. In response, you hear the scurrying getting faster until something jumped into your little pool splashing water all over you.

You shriek once a tongue started to lick all around you. You squirm and giggle trying to get it to stop.

Light quickly streamed in from outside as two shadows walk into the room. "Woah, is that really a mermaid?" Someone says. "I found her by the beach." Another says. You couldn't really see anything due to the light streaming in from behind them but you could see their silhouettes.

One of them was scrawny and one was pretty big from what you could see.

You curl your tail up towards your chest and hug it scared to find out what would happen next. "Miss?" A voice calls out. You perk up from out of your ball and look up into dark brown eyes.

"Ah, you are awake." He says after a few seconds of eye contact. "Good. I see you've already met Spike." You look around and see the dog sitting right beside you happy as ever. You smile and slowly reach out to pet him, he places his head in your hands happily. "He's quite the charmer." Your capture smirks. "Who are you?" You ask him. "I'm the captain of the ship, Sinbad." You look at him. "So your Sinbad. The 'Great pirate thief' huh?" You ask. "You know me?" He asks you back surprised, you nod. "Believe it or not the word gets around, even under water.

Plus popping my head above water to see you in battle doesn't hurt once in a while."

"I am Rat, senorita." He lifts your other hand, not occupied by the dog, and kisses it. "Hello. Well, now that that's over with, I'd highly appreciate it if you'd let me go." Sinbad laughs and sighs. "Oh, sweetheart, we don't even know your name."

"My name isn't necessary since this is will be last time you'll see me. Now let me go." You rip your hand away from the dog and slam it on the water/bath, splashing them a bit in anger.

They step back. You knew what they were trying to do. The tale goes that once a mermaid tells you their name, they're kinda- in a way, bound to you for life or just until the person releases you for once they are done with their needs. Whatever that may be. "Oh, come on...that's mean isn't it," He whines playfully. "No, it's survival, and the matter of me not wanting to be connected to you in any way, shape or form." He smirks. "What made you think we were trying to do that?"

"By asking me what my name was," You say back. He chuckles. "So I guess you do know what we were trying to do." He murmurs.

You smile.

"Senorita, we-we'd just like your help with something." Rat says stepping in. You raise an eyebrow. "See instead of trying to trick me he actually tried to explain something," You tell Sinbad. He rolls his eyes. "What is it?" You ask Rat.