Two Holidays

My Pov

We arrived in Halloween Town, but I couldn't help but feel something was different about. I looked at Salamon and Veemon. They each had become black again.

"Hey, this is Halloween Town, right?" Sora asked.

"Well, it sure does look like Hallowee... Wha?" Donald stopped and turned his head toward the square. We looked to see lights streamed up on the walls. What in the world? We went to Guillotine Square to see it decorated like a plaza during Christmas. I noticed some kind of ramp.

"What's that for?" Sora asked.

"I don't know. Something's really off here..." I said. That's when the growing sound of bells filled the air. What was that and where was it coming from?

"It's Jack!" Donald exclaimed. We all looked to where Donald pointed and saw Jack steering a sleigh with three skeleton reindeer pulling it. Who did he think he was? The Santa Claus of Halloween? He landed the sleigh and noticed us.

"Sora, Hikari, Donald and Goofy! Welcome back, and Merry Christmas!" Jack exclaimed. Merry Christmas? Salamon and Veemon tilted their heads in confusion.

"Huh?" Veemon and Salamon asked.

"Merry Christmas? Don't you mean 'Happy Halloween'?" Sora asked.

"Of course. Halloween greetings from Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King." He put on a frightening face. "Forgive me. I'm in a Christmas mood. You see, I'm running the show again this year-but I need Sandy Claws's blessing, so I'm off to Christmas Town." Jack said.

"'Sandy Claws'?" Sora asked.

"I think he means Santa Claus." I said.

"Aren't these decorations wonderful? This year Halloween Town's going to be handling Christmas too!" Jack said. Just the thought of a Halloween Town Christmas made me shudder. Jack couldn't do this. He had his own holiday to attend to. We went back to the doctor's lab. He was working on something. I noticed that the three troublemakers were helping him.

"Hey, this is way too heavy!" Lock whined.

"Then let's toss it!" Shock suggested.

"You do and you'll be sorry! Now bring it over here! the doctor yelled.

"Heave-ho!" the trio said. They toss the part into the air.

"Salamon! Veemon! Catch it!" I yelled. The both jumped and grabbed the part before it could touch the ground.

"No fair!" the three whined. They ran out of lab. Veemon and Salamon gently moved it to the table.

"Thank you, Hikari. I don't know why I bother having those three imbeciles helping me." the doctor said. Probably to keep them from causing trouble to everyone else.

"Sally! Did you finish it? I want to show my good friends." Jack said.

"I'm sorry, Jack. I... I need a little bit more time." Sally said.

"Ohh... Well, that's all right. Just as long it's ready for Christmas!" Jack said.

"But... Jack..." Sally said.

"I'd best be off. I've got to go get Sandy Claws, right away! Wonderful to see you again. Good-bye for now!" Jack said.

"Go get Santa Claus..." Sora said.

"Hikari, Sora, please. I'm afraid something terrible will happen if Jack goes through with this." Sally said.

"You can say that again!" Donald exclaimed.