Land of Dragons

My Pov

We came to an entirely different world we hadn't been to before and one I hadn't been to in the past. We ended up in a bamboo thicket. Where had we ended up?

"Oh! I can't believe I forgot." Sora said.

"What is it?" I asked. Sora dug through his pockets and pulled out something.

"These." Sora said. My Wayfinder and Crest! I gladly took them back and placed the Crest around my neck. We came around a corner and I saw a solider. He looked like he was cowering from a sinister looking shadow.

"A Heartless?" Donald asked.

"Let's get the jump on 'im!" Sora exclaimed.

"Gawrsh, maybe we better look before we leap." Goofy said. Sora and Donald ran out into the open.

"Wait, you guys!" I yelled. Me and Goofy ran to catch them. I caught a glimpse of something red leap from behind the rock and hid behind the solider.

"Is that Mushu?" Goofy asked. Mushu?

"That's right, I know you've heard of me! I'm little, lethal and legendary! Now y'all scram before I get my dragon dander up!" Mushu exclaimed.

"Hey, Mushu! We missed you!" Sora said.

"Yeah, well you better HOPE I miss YOU, or else you're-you're... Sora! Donald! Goofy! Kage?" Mushu asked. Kage?

"My name isn't Kage. It's Hikari." I said.

"Oh, you're princess that Sora kept talking about." Mushu said.

"Do you know them?" the soldier asked.

"KNOW them!? Man, we use to kick all kinds of bad guy butt together! Yeah, you know, I helped these guys out of a lot of tight spots. 'Cause I'm a mighty dragon! Right?" Mushu said. Mushu leaned on Sora's leg. Sora moved his leg, causing Mushu to fall backwards.

"Something like that. And... you are?" Sora asked.

"I'm Mulan. Um, no I-I mean..." the soldier stammered.

"Ping!" Mushu said.

"Mulan Ping?" Donald asked.

"Just... Ping. I am Ping, son of Fa Zhou." Ping said.

"You know Mushu?" Sora asked.

"Mushu's one of my family's guardians." Ping said.

"Wow. I'm glad to know that some else's guardian was keeping my friends safe when I wasn't there." I said.

"That's right! And that puts you four up to your eyeballs in debt to Ping here. Well, guess what, kiddies? It's payback time!" Mushu said.

"Mushu..." Ping said.

"Ah, they don't mind. Ain't that right?" Mushu asked.

"Sounds fair." Sora said.

"See, Ping here was just on his way to join the Imperial army. We gotta go find the other recruits over at the training camp." Mushu said.

"Would you join us? It'll be easier to fit in if I'm with guys like you." Ping said.

"What do you mean 'fit in'?" Sora asked.

"I get it now." Goofy said.

"Me too. Your real name is Mulan and your disguising yourself as guy, right?" I asked. Sora and Donald looked at Mulan in shock.

"You're a... girl?" Sora asked, shocked.

"You didn't notice?" Sora and Donald shook their heads. "I think it's working." Mulan said.

"I don't know- those two would fall for anything." Mushu said.

"Hey!" Donald snapped.

"I'm right here!" Sora said.

"Well, let's go!" I said.

"Hold it, your highness. It's not safe for you to go there unless you have a death wish." Mushu said.

"What'd ya mean?" Goofy asked.

"Women aren't allowed to join the army. It's the law that only men serve, as it is a matter of honor. If women try to join, the penalty is death." Mulan said.

"WHAT?!" the four of us exclaimed. I had too much to live for now. Riku, Tai, Kairi, Sora, Yami, Ven, Van, Terra, Aqua. I couldn't risk anything.

"I'll just wait till nightfall and sneak in." I said.

"No way! You'll have to do what Mulan's doing and look like a guy." Sora said. How in the hell was I suppose to do that?

"I can help you." Mulan said. She pulled me into the brush.

Sora's Pov

What was Mulan going to do. It was awhile before she Hikari came out from behind the brush.

"Whoa!" we all exclaimed. Hikari had her hair tied up a bun and wore the same armor as Mulan, but hers was black and white.

"Perfect!" Hikari said.

"Not quite. You need a new name and you have to do something with your voice." Mushu said. She coughed several times, trying to deepen her voice.

"How... is... this?" Hikari asked.

"Wow!" Donald exclaimed.

"Doesn't Hikari sound a little like-" Goofy said.

"Riku." I said.

"Really?" Hikari asked.

"Yeah. Now your name... How about Hikaru?" I suggested.

"Yeah. I like that." Hikari said.

"Alright. Just remember, one slip and the girls are in hot water." Mushu said. We all nodded and headed toward the camp.

My Pov

It was strange how my voice sounded like Riku's. Maybe it was because of the bond we had? Maybe. Soon, we came to the camp. While the rest of us were walking normally, Mulan started walking in a weird way.

"Mu-, I mean Ping, why are you walking like that?" I asked.

"I have to be manly. Isn't this how men walk?" Ping asked.

"No. Just walk normally. If you walk like that, you'll draw attention to yourself." I said. She immediately started walking normally. I saw some soldiers standing in a line. I wonder why? Sora went to stand in line, but some short guy pushed him out of the way.

"Hey, no cutting!" Sora exclaimed. The guy turned and punched him right in the face!

"Sora!" I looked at the guy who had the nerve to punch my friend in the face. "You bastard!" I exclaimed. I tackled him to the ground and started punching the crap out of him. Then, a skinny guy grabbed me. Salamon retaliated by biting him on the leg.

"Keep your hands to yourself!" Salamon snapped. Veemon headbutted the solider who punched Sora.

"And don't you dare touch my partner!" Veemon said.

"Hands off!" Donald shouted. Soon we were all fighting.

"Please!" Ping cried. We all looked at Ping.

"Please!" the first soldier mocked.

"What a girl!" the second soldier said. Oh no!

"Uh... Knock it off!" Ping said.

"Knock what off?" the second soldier asked.

"You punched me!" Sora shouted.

"Cutting in line!" Donald asked.

"Let's just get back in line. If I'm right, that's the captain coming toward us." I said. The soldiers looked and stood at attention. We did the same. Soon, Heartless started coming out of the ground. "I hope your ready for this Ping."