44.

•Derrick•
8:00am.

I have to get on the road now. It's time for me to go pickup Keyaun from his moms place. Before I do that I'm going to get my friend India to be with me threw the day. I thought about going to get Kamoni and a Kahari but I don't want them to meet India. Hell no.

Then I have an interview, two actually. Then a meet and greet, then a show, then an after party to finish it all off.

I have to have Keyaun with me threw all of this. Maybe I'll drop him off with Deja before the after party, because she's the only female I trust with my kids. Real talk. It's sad that I can't even trust Keyaun's mom, it's her whole demeanor that throws me off.

Making the the turn to India's driveway, I honked my horn so she knew I was out waiting.

Her front door opened as she came out. I didn't really pay attention to her looks, because I'm not really into into her like that. Seriously I keep trying to tell her we just friends but you know females sensitive as shit and will take the smallest thing to heart.

I unlocked the door as she climbed in.

"Hey"

"Wassup lady," I kept my eyes on the road backing out of her driveway

"What's up?" She asked trying to get a look at my face

"I'm just missing my ex, that's all" I mumbled

"Why would you wanna miss your ex? She's an ex for a reason right?" This finna be a long hour drive if she finna question me like this.

"We didn't break up because she wanted to, I overreacted that's all" I said low, hoping she get the sign that I didn't wanna talk about why I missed Deja.

"So who's the mother of your twins?" She asked.

"Deja." I said bluntly

"Isn't she like a model or something?"

"Nawl, You eva' Hurd a song that be like leta nigga try me, try me?" I tried my best to sound like DeJ in the track.

"That's my shit! She made that song?" She asked

"Yeah, my baby moms I'm finna remix it soon" And Imma stick to my word on that.

"Is she a deadbeat like the other one?" Her saying that made my jaw clench in anger.

"She's nothing close to a deadbeat, I love my baby momma with everything in me, she does an amazing job with my girls and that's all I care about" I better get prepared to get the same questions over and over again about Deja at these interviews. With they nosey asses.

"Your kissing her ass, I know she ain't all that"

"I dont kiss ass for no one, I'm serious if you don't beleive me then cool,"

"I'm just saying, damn if you really miss her that much have se—" I turned the radio on cutting her off.

——

We just got to Keyaun mama house. When I tell you I was so close to going off on somebody daughter I was. India good people when she wanna be good people, other times she just annoying.

"I'll be back" I got out of the car walking up to N's door. I call her N because I don't want everyone knowing her name. I just don't want social media to be asking me about her. There's already bugging me about Deja let alone N.

I rang the bell and within a millisecond she swung it open. Of course she had her makeup done and her hair. She ain't impressing nobody but herself.