23.

(I'm about to do like a time skip within a day, if that makes sense 😩)

Few Days Later
•Rodriquez•
10:30pm

Deja is at the studio still and I'm waiting for ha' to get home because a yung' nigga horny.

I put the kids to bed almost 2 hours ago. Kamoni got a stomach bug so she on monitoring. She threw up twice after she ate.

I'm starting to see Kahari and Kamoni as my daughters and they are starting to see me as "step daddy" or "step" no more Rodri or Mr. B. They starting to get used to me.

The door cracked open and it was Kamoni.

"Step, I'm hungry"

"You hungry?" Usually when someone is sick and they feel hungry that means they were getting better. I say that because if I give her food she probably gonna throw it up.

"Aight let's go" I got out of bed and grabbed my phone.

I lead her into the kitchen,

I opened the fridge and was nearly blinded by the damn light. Shit.

"You want some of my casserole or you want sum' to snack on"

"Can I please have that sandwich you and mommy always eat?"

"Ooh Baby that's marshmallow fluff and Nutella, you want that honey bun?"

"Please" She sat down on the island stool to wait for me.

I took the fluff that I hid from Deja from it's hiding spot.

"Don't tell momma where I hid the fluff because she just eating all of it"

She giggled

I grabbed the Nutella, bread, and a lil table knife and moved them onto the island so I could talk to her.

"You forgot my plate step" Shit, I did.

I did a 360 and grabbed her one of her favorite plates

I began making her sammich'

"There's these kids who keep calling me the p word what does that mean?"

"They calling you a pussy?" I was actually pretty angry.

"Yeah, that's because I don't act like Kahari and they think I'm scared and they always say that I think I'm cool since my mom is dating you, and I guess I started crying and one of them tripped me and I got this" She rolled up her sleeve and there was a really big scratch on her arm

"Who did that?!" I didn't mean to yell.

"This kid name Cairo and his girlfriend Terry, she's the one that pushed me and Vadi saw it but before he could do anything the teacher yelled at him"

"I'm going to the school tommorow, ain't nobody gonna come out here and disrespect my girlfriend daughter"

I handed her the sandwich

"Can you stay with me whiles I eat? I don't like being lonely"

"Of course I'll stay with you, you my baby you know that?" I smiled at her

•Deja•
12:45am

When I parked at the house, the lights were off , meaning everyone was asleep.

Rodri texted me saying Kamoni was throwing up so she's probably not going to go back to school tommorow.

I got my stuff from my car and made my way to the front door.