chapter twenty-two: stay young

"So where you guys headed?" Scout asked me happily as we entered the house again. Ryder had promised we would leave right away once we said our goodbyes.

"Don't know." I shrugged. I still had no idea what we were going to do.

"Wherever life takes us, Scout." Ryder said poetically. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"It sure was fun having ya here Bella." Scout said to me happily. He was happy, despite the fact that Ryder and I were leaving again, and god knows how long we would be gone.

"Aw shut it." I ruffled his hair playfully. He always seems to be happy. I couldn't understand how he was always in such a good mood. I guess he was just young. He was young, happy, and still hopeful. So very hopeful.

"Hey Bells, grab the stuff you have left." Ryder called me from inside our room. I guess it wasn't really our room anymore. It almost felt weird to leave, this place had really grown on me. Really, the people here had grown on me. But I had to leave. I didn't get attached to places or people, I couldn't afford it.

I grabbed the rest of my stuff and headed out, getting one last look at the only place that I had felt safe for in while. I sighed and closed the door behind me. I knew it wasn't good to stay in one place for long. So yet again, I would have to leave everything behind.

"You ready?" Ryder asked me smiling. He didn't seem worried. He knew he would be back. But I didn't think I would ever come back here. I wasn't one to visit. And if Ryder came to visit, there was no way I would be tagging along.

"You'll be back right? You'll visit?" A soft spoken Gunner asked me. I turned around and smiled at the kind hearted boy in front of me.

"I'm not one to visit." I explained. He shrugged sadly as Scout and Fox came up to me.

"Not one to visit?" Scout pouted playfully.

I cocked my head to the side and gave him a sad smile. He laughed at my gesture.

"You're pretty tough you know that?" Fox nodded towards me.

"It's a tough world out there." I shrugged.

We stood there, until I realized that I should probably be going. I turned around to leave, before saying one last thing to the group of young and reckless boys I had just met.

"Stay young.
Don't let that nasty world out there fuck you up."

-
sorry i haven't updated in a long time!! i promise i'll be updating more often, and i'm thinking of writing a new book maybe? anyways, these next few chapters will be getting pretty dramatic...!