chapter eight: a smoke

I walked into the hall and sat on the stairs. Lunch would be over in 15 minutes, so I decided just to stay here until then.

"That was quite a scene," a voice behind me said, making me jump. "Relax, it's just me." You said, sitting down next to me.

"God, you scared me." I replied, annoyed.

"Did I now?" You smirked, pulling out a pack of cigarettes. "Wanna smoke?" You asked.

"Sure." I replied, thinking it might calm my nerves. You lit my cigarette gently, the fire from your lighter illuminating your face ever so perfectly. I couldn't help but stare at your soft, perfectly defined features.

"Like what you see?" You flirted. "Well lucky for you, you'll get to see this all night, ain't that right peaches?"

"Right." I replied, amused. "So, where are you taking me?" I pressed.

"Somewhere we can be alone." You winked, taking a long drag of your cigarette. I laughed at your dirty remark. "I'll take you somewhere special, don't sweat it." You assured me, so suddenly serious. "But wear something nice, and tight." You teased, back to your flirty self.

The bell rang, and I put my cigarette out, smiling as you walked away. I had a feeling tonight would be special, I just didn't know it would changed my whole life.