chapter five: take me with you

I woke up in Ryder's bed. We didn't do anything, he had slept on the couch. The room was small and cramped, but I couldn't judge. He was surprisingly kind, considering I was a stranger.

He was still asleep, but I got up and got ready quickly. I brushed my crazy, tangled hair, as I looked at my tired reflection in the mirror. I changed into some cute, but comfortable clothes. I was just finishing my makeup when Ryder woke up.

"Hey," He said groggily. He rubbed his eyes, getting a better look at me. "Up and early huh?"

I laughed. "Can't be late when you're a fugitive."

He scoffed at my remark. "Bella, you'll be fine."

"I'm leaving Ryder. I don't want to take any chances. I don't want to end up dead." I said blankly.

"From what the news said, you're already dead. So I don't see what the problem is."

"What if someone saw me? What if they know I'm alive?" I whisper-yelled back.

"I know how you feel Bella. But you're gonna be ok."

I rolled my eyes. He was way too easygoing.

I sat on the bed, and without warning, he started to change. I looked down, feeling embarrassed, but for some reason, I couldn't help myself from looking back up.

"Enjoying the view?" He smirked.

"Oh sureeee." I replied sarcastically.

"C'mon. Let me get the pretty girl something to eat before she goes."

He motioned for me to head out the door. I rolled my eyes and smiled, but I wasn't about to turn down free food.

-

We entered a rowdy diner. Waitresses were running all over the place, trying to get their orders.

We sat down at an empty booth and waited for someone to attend us. After a few minutes, some blonde girl came over and took our order. She looked way too young to be working.

"So, how 'bout that date I promised you?"

I looked up to see Ryder smiling at me hopefully.

"No..." I said cautiously. "No date. I'm leaving."

The blonde waitress came back with our plates in her hand. She set it down on the table, along with our drinks.

"Fine. Then it won't be a date. Let me just take you to the movies or something." He continued, digging into his pancakes.

"No Ryder!" I laughed, "What part do you not understand? I. Am. Leaving."

"Ok. Then take me with you." I heard him say.

I almost spit out my drink. "What?!" I yelled, gaining a few looks from the people around us.

"Take. Me. With. You." He repeated, imitating me.

"Are you serious?" I asked in disbelief.

"Completely." He replied smugly. "Come one Bella. You know you can trust me. I didn't turn you in. I gave you a place to stay. For gods sake, I let you sleep in my bed! That couch wasn't soft you know..."

I grinned. The boy had a point. And it was always more fun to have someone around right?

"I'll think about it..." I teased.

"Think about it? While we watch a movie correct?"
He grinned even wider, knowing he had won.

I groaned. "Fine."