chapter eleven: cornered

We walked into a loud and obnoxious diner, nothing like the one I had been to with Ryder. It was full of thugs. But now that I think about it, I was one of them. Even worse, I was a murderer, I thought as I sat down next to Phoenix. I haven't thought about that for a while. I didn't want to. I didn't want to think about Dean. But I still had had feeling, the urge to do something regret worthy. I missed the adrenaline rush, the thrill of killing. The thrill I had with Dean. I didn't want to admit that until now.

"What'd ya want?" He asked quickly.

"Uh, whatever." I replied unsure.

"3 burgers and 3 shakes." Phoenix told the waiter rudely. Ace had sat down across from me, but I wish he hadn't. I really didn't want to be sitting next to Phoenix. God, did he even notice how close he was to me? Or did he not care?

The waiter brought back our food after a while. I started to eat when Phoenix asked me a question.

"So, I heard you and Ryder got yourselves into some trouble?" He asked, his mouth full of food.

"I'd rather not talk about that in public you know." I replied, looking at Ace for help. He looked back at me, the same look on his face.

"What? You killed a few people?" He pushed on.

"More than a few." I replied matter of factly.

"Is that so?" He teased. "Most of us have done a few things we regret." He nodded towards Ace, and I was guessing he spoke for the others boys too.

"I don't regret anything." I said blankly. It was true. I would never change anything. I would never redo anything. I wouldn't trade Dean for anyone.

"Oh? And why is that?"

Jesus christ, this guy asked a lot of questions.
"You ask a lot of fucking questions." I snapped. He looked back at me amused he had pissed me off. Ace stared at us awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

"Ok ok, I'll stop. Cool it babe." He replied smugly.

"Don't call me that..." I whispered harshly.

I wish I hadn't said that. It made him grin even wider. He loved to make people mad, to get under their skin.

-

After lunch, we hung out for a while, just walking around the town. It was risky, being out in the open. I wasn't thinking, but it didn't matter. Most people around here were probably fugitives themselves.

It went on like that for a while. Him teasing, and me snapping at him. That made him tease me even more. Ace looked miserable, but we seemed to understand each other for some reason. Beyond that cold stare and the sharp eyes, I could tell he was a good person, despite what he had done in his past.

I don't know how long we had been outside, but when we finally returned home it was around 4:40. Ryder and Jax would be back by 6:00 I guessed.

I sat back down on the couch to watch tv, and Phoenix day down next to me, while Ace sat farther away. It was 5:00 when I felt Phoenix slowly inch closer to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I wanted to slip out from under him, but I couldn't find myself trying. I turned to Ace, worry in my eyes. He looked back at me, but didn't know what to do.

"Relax will ya?" Phoenix said, obviously annoyed.

"Phoenix I..." I began to explain, before Ace spoke up

"Lay off man, c'mon." Ace said nervously, slowly standing up. "You know she's Ryder's girl..."

Phoenix jumped up defensively, getting close to Ace.

"Is she now? I had no idea!" Phoenix replied sarcastically.

"Well she is..." Ace said softly, but sternly, that same sharp look on his face.

"Do you really think I care?" Phoenix sneered, getting close to Ace's face threateningly.

They stood their for a while, each waiting for the other to throw the first punch.

"You guys, c'mon just stop." I begged.

"Fine. You know what? I'm out." Ace spat. He walked away from Phoenix, giving him one last dirty look before walking out the door.

And with that, my last hope slipped out the door.

-

* Ace's POV *

I don't know why I left. God, I was such a coward for that. I just hated him. Ever since he had gotten here, I hated him. He was so cocky and rude. And GOD, I absolutely HATED how he treated Bella. I mean, I know I'm only 15, but I can treat a lady better than that. Bella was a lady. I didn't want to say it, but I really liked Bella. She seemed like a good person, despite being a murderer and all.

I had to do something. God, I shouldn't have left. Who knows what that guy will do to her. I had to help. I had to do something.

Well, I figured I should let Ryder know, wherever the hell he was.

-

* back to Bella's POV *

"Ryder's girl? We'll see about that." Phoenix scoffed.

I grew more scared by the second. Scared. I never thought I would be scared. The only person who had ever scared me was Dean. But I had a crazy feeling, deep inside me, that this boy right here, if it was even possible, was even crazier than Dean.

I got up from the couch quickly, intending to lock myself into my room.

"Where you going babe?" Phoenix said behind me, cornering me against the wall.

"I told you, don't call me that..." I said sternly.

"What? I'm sorry, I didn't hear you..." He leaned in closer to me, his hot breath on my neck.

"I said, don't-"

I was interrupted by Phoenix's rough hands grabbing my face sharply as he crashed his lips into mine. I didn't want to, but I found myself kissing back. His cold fingers sent chills down my spine, and he kissed me forcefully, as if he were angry.

"What the fuck?" I said breathlessly. I tried in vain to push him away. "Get the hell off me!" I yelled as he kissed my neck painfully, leaving obvious marks. He bit my shoulder and yelled in pain. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Oh please, don't act like you don't like this." He smiled devilishly.

"Quite frankly, I-" I began to say before the door flew open. I pushed him off quickly as I saw who had almost tore the door down.

"What the HELL is going on here?!"

-
sorry guys for all this drama!!
but it makes it more exciting don't you think?