chapter four: bunch of burnouts

The day went by so slow, but it was finally lunch. I sat down at my usual table, and then came Steph, Charlotte, and Beth.

"So are you going?" Charlotte asked, more excited than she should be.

"Yeah," I replied cooly. "Charlie's taking me."

Charlotte and Beth gasped in unison, and began to giggle. Steph rolled her eyes, obviously annoyed at their somewhat obnoxious giggling. Bored, I looked around. I didn't want to admit it, but I knew exactly who I was looking for. Then I saw him, staring at me. His look sent shivers down my spine. I stood up.

"Where ya goin'?" Steph asked innocently.

"Just wait a sec," I replied, intrigued.

I walked over to his table, where he sat with a bunch of burnouts.

"What's the deal with you?" I yelled, my voice demanding. He eyed me cooly.

"Calm it baby," he smirked. "Why don't you take a seat?"

Rolling my eyes, I sat down across from him.

"On my lap I meant." He smiled devilishly. His burnout friends laughed.

"Are you gonna explain why you've been staring at me all fucking day like some freak?" I said angrily, rolling my eyes.

He leaned back. "What? Is it illegal to stare at a hot chick now?" He replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

I scoffed. Another douchebag. "Come talk to me when you're actually mature." I snapped, walking away. I could feel his stare, and heard his friends laughing, some whistling. God I was mad. Who does he think he is?