chapter seven: the ride

"So, where are we headed?" Ryder asked me.

"California." I replied, as I looked around at the gorgeous setting sun.

"Hey, I got friends in California. They said they'd help me out no matter what." He grinned. "We can lay low with them for a while how's that doll?"

"I don't know Ryder..." I answered hesitantly.

"I know, I get it, we can't trust anyone. But I've know these people forever. They know what I did, and they've done some stuff too, so its not like they're gonna turn us in." He explained.

Gosh, I wasn't used to this. All this talking I mean. Dean never said a word. Can't say I don't like this though.

"Alright." I replied, unsure of what else to say.

"It's a group of guys, used to live with them when I lived in California."

"How sweet." I teased, keeping my eyes on the road.

He laughed, and it was quiet for a moment.

"It's beautiful." I mentioned, gesturing towards the sunset. He looked at me, and I could almost feel those piercing green eyes of his.

"Just like you." He said, feeling content.

"Hate to break it to you, but I don't look like a orange and yellow sunset." I teased back.

"Ok, still pretty cute though." He smirked.

"Oh shut up!" I laughed.

He laughed back softly, as we continued the drive.

-

It was a long drive, but before we knew it, we had entered California. He gave me the address of his friends place, which was deep in the rough parts of LA. I sighed, slightly scared of what would happen next.